1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SoundTrax and Nero 7.10.1.0

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by SiberLynx, Aug 14, 2007.

1. SiberLynx

SiberLynx Member

Hi Guys,
    {XP Pro, SP2; Nero 7.10.1.0}
    When I am trying to insert SoundBox Clip I am getting two subsequent error messages as soon as SoundBox interface appears. Application shuts down after confirmation. The thing worked in prior versions fine.
    Contacts with Nero Support going nowhere for almost a month.
    I do understand that it maybe not be many people using SoundTrax.
    But can anybody with v7.10.1.0 be so kind just start SoundTrax then choose any type of project, try to Insert SoundBox Clip and tell whether you get an error or not. Nothing else.
    Thanks in advance.
    Regards

2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

First of all, I have very little experience with SoundBox clips, but I made a short one and it seemed to work fine.

Perhaps check the clip and see if it is ok, or make a new one to test.

If that doesn't work, perhaps there is an install problem where another file is messing with your setup. If you can't get it to work and have no other options, you might try doing a uninstall using the clean tools and then reinstall. It might help. I am guessing you have an older file still on your system that is causing a conflict.

3. SiberLynx

SiberLynx Member

Hi Saltgrass,
    I really appreciate you replied.
    That's the thing - I cannot create a new one.
    I found though that I can drag a clip from SoundBox directory and drop it into the trac. Than I can "wave-edit" it etc.
    >"...uninstall using the clean tools and then reinstall..."
    That's done 7.10.1.0 was cleaned installed after 7.9.6.0 and when I found the bug I clean-reinstalled the same new version again to no avail.
    We'll see
    Thanks a lot again
    my best regards
    SiberLynx

4. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

I only show one file in the Nero/Soundbox directory. If you have more than that, did you make them? Could one be having a problem and causing an error?

Otherwise, I could still only suggest some type of install problem. Did you run the registry cleaner along with the other clean tools? It seems I have seen some instances where a certain file was not being deleted and you might even go through and delete the Nero and Ahead folders if you decide to reinstall.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2007
  5. SiberLynx

SiberLynx Member

Hello again, Saltgrass,
    I'll start from this part:
    I did learn the Update procedure of Nero the hard way.
    Main conclusion: I never run Auto Update anymore. I may say it doesn't work in 90% cases (not enough paper to describe what can go wrong :).
    So basically I do it "v7.6" old style. Full download. CleanTool... and... Yes I know how, and what, and I do additional disk/reg. clean up too.

And that was one brilliant idea! Bravo!
    I don't know why do you have only 1 file (what's the name?).
    My setup creates 3 subdir under SoundBox dir: \Drums, Samples\ & Templates. And those have may subdirs. Total 198 files, ~3MB.
    So having a feeling that you are right. I moved all files to other place. I got Sbox interface back.
    By moving mentioned dirs back one by one I found that the return of Templates dir causes crash and then the criminal was caught. There is a single file among many with dbt extension (default.dbt), which actually is a template. I did not create it. What is wrong with it and why the new template cannot be created and some other issues will be investigated but at least I can do the "research". SBox is almost alive.
    Thanks a lot for the idea.
    It is really appreciated
    Cheers

6. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

It seems I was incorrect about the number of files. I now show about what you have, but I had not looked in that folder earlier.

Glad to see you have it pinned down. I have noticed instances where some files have gotten corrupted somehow while using Nero 7. I lost 2 months worth of work once and have since changed the way I handle my files. I am very careful to make sure I don't rush the program shutdown or file saving functions.

I do have a file default.sbt in the folder to which you refer.

7. SiberLynx

SiberLynx Member

Saltgrass,
    I do believe you about possible file corruptions Nero may cause.
    The product is a monster and has many bugs and many components unneeded for different categories of users. I think that developing and offering each component (application) separately would increase a quality. Some may think that what I am saying is nothing to do with development. Kinda, ...anyway they have separate teams...Yes... But I may disagree.
    Now, closer to the topic default.sbt may happen to be corrupted but when?
    As I pointed I was not able even to start SoundBox straight after fresh install of this version. Mystery.
    My default.sbt:
    size: 18.3 KB (18,751 bytes)
    size on disk: 20.0 KB (20,480 bytes)
    created: Monday, 27 March 2006, 6:09:46 PM
    Showing it' insides here would be silly :)
    So if I may PM you with my "special Nero email" and you will be able to reply with file attached it will be great. It will be faster then obtaining it from Nero support.
    No hard feelings if you prefer not to do it.
    I am greatful enough just for your "corruption tip" :))
    My best regards