1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Source and destination folder?

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by chazbmwUS, May 9, 2003.

1. chazbmwUS

chazbmwUS Guest

I have burned two movies total
    I am now(hopefully) trying to move to the real stuff. I have ripped Paid in full
    6.2 G movie and want to put movie on
    4.7 G DVD(as if I had a choice-9G DVD please!)I have tried(attempted) DVD2one
    but can't seem to get the source and destination stuff down...YES! I read the guide,but the wording isn't specific even for me lil old brain..please help(herbsman?)
    senior members mostly..experience is the best teacher 4 me.

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

hehehe

Okay mate ... here goes , create 2 folders (I suggest VTS_01 & VTS_02 )

VTS_01 will be where you rip/unencrypt files to (using Smartripper or DVD Decrypter)

VTS_02 will be where the finished DVD2One files will be created.

---------------------------------------

VTS_01 = Source

VTS_02 = Destination

(hope this helps) !: )

3. chazbmwUS

chazbmwUS Guest

OK,
    I'm really am NOT ready,but I'm determined to learn this stuff. Where you make a folder?..in DVD Decrypter as source,isn't that the reader(dvd burner and destination where you want to send file?) or do you open DVD2One and then make a folder,which I tried and I can seem to get DVD2one to see the file in My Documents..?
    The DVD2One got assume you know how to do this already..where do I learn the Pre-K stuff at?

4. herbsman

I'm from UK so I'll guess 'pre-k' means pre-kindergarten LOL

C:\VTS_01
    C:\VTS_02

I do it on my D: Drive personally but I know nothing of your set up.

This really isn't rocket science...

: )

5. chazbmwUS

chazbmwUS Guest

Hi herbsman,

Thanks for replying.
    I have just gotten a New computer with XP
    and I have never backed up any DVD's,so
    this guy is really a newbie. I just happened to stumble onto Dvd Decrtyter and both titles I attemped were older movies. I think part of my
    problem is I'm NOT real comfortable with XP,
    was stuck with 98 4ever.Anyway back to the lesson at hand..I make a VTS_01 and VTS_02
    file on my hard drive(C=drive) and the destination folder is on hard drive 2?Or in My Documents?
    How do I retrieve these files once I open DVD2ONE? Thanks 4 you patience. chaze320 AIM name

6. cheezzzz

cheezzzz Regular member

If you have another partition dedicated just for media stuff put your destination folder there. I have folders in my D drive named Movies Ripped (i use that as a destination for movies ripped from smartripper or dvd decrypter) I have another folder named Movies Compressed (i use that as a destination for files compressed by dvd2one or dvdshrink) This file is then ready for nero burning. After a successful burn I just delete the contents of these folders and reuse them again for another movie. Its that simple. Hope this can clarify things also.

cheezzzz_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Just another lonely Hawaiian with:
    P4 2.66Ghz, 120gb HD (7200rpm)
    512mb DDR333 (PC2700) SDRAM
    Samsung CD-ROM SC-140C
    Sony DVD RW DW-U12A(OEM for DRU500AX)
    DXC v1.52 online; v1.50 standby
    Smartipper/DvdDecrypter
    Dvd2one/Nero 551028 Enterprise Ed[/small]

Last edited: May 11, 2003
  7. herbsman

Yeah I have 3 partitions of 40Gb

I keep D: Drive for all media (mainly movies of a large file size) & this is where I created VTS_01 & VTS_02

When ripping I use Smartripper , so I will set destination as VTS_01 to send ripped files to.

Then when I open DVD2One up I select [bold] Source-VTS_01 [/bold](ripped files)
    [bold]Destination as VTS_02 [/bold](empty folder)

When you finished you have compressed 4.36Gb folder ready for Nero (or other burning prog) to burn!!

Last edited: May 11, 2003
  8. msb5150

msb5150 Regular member

Chaz, if you really have trouble with xp(I do when I switch computers from 2k to xp) go to this link http://www.learnthat.com/courses/computer/windowsxp/w2k.html
    it will allow you to make xp look just like 98/me/2000 you should then have all the benifits of xp with the acustomed look of 98

I will too now take a smack at explaing source and destination:
    I assume that you can use dvddecrypter to rip a dvd, the file that it puts all of the decrypted dvd files in shall be your source, just remember the name, out of dvddecrypter create another folder(an empty one) with just a slightly different file name like: "(source)2" or whatever you may like, next open up dvd2one and when it asks for source put in the folder name that you have no doubt remembered, next when it asks for desination put in the folder you created with just a slightly different name, depending on your version of dvd2one select the options you want(I would recomend just the movie with the your language and subtitle choice for better video quality) next press go or enter(I don't remember exactly) and wait until it is finished, since you say you have burned dvd's before I can assume that you know your way around the burning software, just remember to use the DESTINATION file( remember "(source)2") and burn. you should now have an excelent dvd backup.
    If you really do have trouble follow the guide above on making xp look like 98/me/2000 it may very well save you much trouble.

9. herbsman

That should be confusing enough...3 people trying to describe the same thing

Last edited: May 13, 2003
  10. chazbmwUS

chazbmwUS Guest

Thanks 4 all the help guys.
    I am on travel,so I won't be able to let you know how it went until thursday.
    My job doesn't like us to play around at work?..go figure!
    Oops,got 2 go here they come again.
    I am looking to get a removable hard drive..any suggestions?

Peace, Chaz