1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

South Coast TV (Ireland)

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by Fano, May 19, 2007.

1. Fano

Fano Regular member

Cork's South Coast Community Television has gone digital.
    They have rolled out a full digital service using 11.7GHz - 12.5GHz transmitters.
    Its received on a receiving antenna (It will consist of a small dish - 30cm to 45 cm depending on location) and an LNB (low noise block converter) This antenna is similar in appearance to a small satellite dish.
    Includes Sky+ like PVR
    Currently around 60 channels and Sky By wire video on demand.
    The encryption is Conax.
    Some of the channels are FTA and can be received with a standard dish/lnb and sat receiver.
    Looks promising.

2. Fano

Fano Regular member

Anyone using this service yet ?

3. hogeybear

hogeybear Member

I am using it now. I just got it last week. It's pretty good actually. It's a little like chorus in the channel line up. Actually it is a bit better. I got the "Entertainment Pack" (47 channels)and the "Setanta Sports Extra Pack" (8 extra sports channels). I have 3 independant boxes and I only pay €45 a month! I went with SCTV because I don't have a telephone line. You don't need it for the extra rooms. Sky would have charged about €80 for the same. And chorus €57 or so. The only bad part really was that I had to pay €150 deposit for all the boxes but I get that back if I leave after my contract is up. Anyone else out there have it? I'm still getting used to it so any tips for recording etc would be handy!!