1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

spamming video onto phones

Discussion in 'General mobile discussion' started by mike2005, Jan 15, 2005.

1. mike2005

mike2005 Member

I'm looking at the potential of a direct marketing camaign. I have some video clips which I wish to make available to people with video phones. I don't want to spend any money doing this. What are the possibilities of sending video for free from a web site like sms text sites do. Or sending links to phones that automatically download video when the message is opened. Any help with this would be great, many thanks in advance.
    Mike

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

All spammers should be drug out and shot in the head.

3. mike2005

mike2005 Member

Thank you for you constructive comments. I take it that you don't know. It's not so much as indirect marketing as an experiment to existing clients. I just thought spam was an word thar people may understand, sorry if this has caused any offence.

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I definitely understand the word spam but it your case it appears I misunderstood your intentions for using the word. You would be correct in assuming that I don't know the amswer to your query. The extent of my cell phone knowledge goes as far as me knowing mine is a Motorola V60 and no further.

5. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

Mike, I actually thought the same way Nephilim did. I know that I would not want stuff sent to my phone that I did not request. So in your case, I'm assuming now that you would be sending content to cell phone users who have somehow, perhaps unknowingly even, opted in to receive video content on their phone. I just know that I wouldn't want garbage eating up my minutes or costing me more money for other access that I have not paid for as part of my monthly fees.

6. mike2005

mike2005 Member

That is correct and it would not cost the recipient a penny.

7. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

Ahhh, so one possibility other than product advertisement could be a family member recording a small video on a web cam, cell phone, pda or something and sending it to a video enabled cell phone. OK...I guess maybe you need to rephrase your description of the service and leave out the word, or derivatives of, SPAM. LOL

8. mike2005

mike2005 Member

Yeah but I kind of like the way that it might have gained a bit of interest by using the offensive wording 'SPAM". However if anybody knows where I might find a good resorce on this subject without getting too indepth that would be good.

Cheers Mike