1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SPDIF Coax to Analog 5.1 ??

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by ivymike, Jul 28, 2007.

1. ivymike

ivymike Regular member

I am in need of a device that will break down the digital SPDIF output signal to three stereo outputs for 5.1 surround sound. The reason is this: My computer's motherboard has three 3.5mm audio jacks...orange, green & black for 5.1 audio (I don't use the gray one). The problem is that the sound is not loud enough. In fact, the sound is barely audible. The motherboard does have an SPDIF jack on it which allows for both optical and coaxial SPDIF outputs. The input on my 5.1 speaker system consists of four 3.5mm jacks...orange, green, black & gray. It doesn't have any SPDIF input of any sort.

Any ideas?
    Thanks In Advance.

2. DmitryTs

DmitryTs Member

You need DAC (Digital to Analog Converter), that can convert SPDIF signal to analog, or new acoustic with SPDIF connector.

3. DmitryTs

DmitryTs Member

Maybe your amplifier in acoustic system have little power... In this case SPDIF out can't help you. It's means, that you need new acoustic system with more powerful amplifier. It's a reason to buy new powerful acoustic system with digital input (coaxial or optic SPDIF).
    Good luck.