1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Specific problem with EasyDivx - Step 7. Please reply.

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by nincow, May 23, 2003.

1. nincow

nincow Member

For a program that's idiot proof, I certainly feel as such for posting this...but I'm fed up with it and I'm guessing I'm overlooking something very simple.

For the life of me I can't get past step 7. I try and select a folder on the C drive which has this symbol in front of it - C:[] and I get the message "Don't install easydivx in a directory which has an unnnatural space (i.e.' '), instead of a natural dos space (i.e.'_') in it. No matter where I try and save it, I'm not allowed to select a folder to do so.

I'm far from a newbie to burning, ripping and encoding, and I recently learned about "EasyDivx" while searching for new apps that might save time. This is bugging me to no end. I've looked at damn near every other thread and haven't seen this issue once. Am I blind? I've compared my screen to other screen caps demonstrating the process, and none of them have that [] mark in front of the C drive. Does that mean it's locked?

I'm running Windows XP with a Radeon 9800, if that makes any difference.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited: May 23, 2003
  2. PlusOne

PlusOne Member

First off, the [] is just displayed that way becuase aparently your hard drive is not labeled. Nothing to worry about there (you can label you hd through My Computer).

Anyway, the easiest way to get around that very annoying EasyDivx error (that I get all the time too) is just select your harddrive's root (that is, select the C: in the drop-down box and double click it in the folder list). Then, the vobs will be saved in c:\easydivx_vob\ and the movie will output in c:\cd1\.