1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Specific question...

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by dtkz, Feb 8, 2002.

1. dtkz

dtkz Member

I recently bought Pinnacle Studio AV. The analog video card hookup was no problem. Capturing video was no problem. Now here's my question: I want to convert my old VHS tapes to a CD...not DVD-R... for viewing on my newer (accepts CD-R/VCD) standalone DVD player...with output to my TV. What should I burn to...MPEG-1, MPEG-2, ? There are too many choices. About how many minutes can I copy to the CD?

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

VCD is your answer, 74mins/CD. Guides for encoding can be found from our article section.

3. dtkz

dtkz Member

Thank you for your answer. Is VCD the same thing as MPEG-1? I understand about the burning process and the VCD choice... and then finalizing the burn process. I was just wondering about the file itself...not the whole CD burn process. Is MPEG-1 the file codec that is used in burning a VCD disc?

4. dtkz

dtkz Member

Also.... no one here ever mentions Pinnacle's Studio AV software. *laughing*...the BOX itself mentions all of the awards its received from PC Magazine, etc. What do YOU think of Pinnacle's Studio AV version 7?

5. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

MPEG-1 is the format. Use TMPGEnc to encode your video to VideoCD -compatible MPEG-1 and you should get pretty good results.

6. dtkz

dtkz Member

Thank you once again.... Pinnacle's Studio AV version 7 has the ability to do MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 as well as AVI and RM files. I just bought an 80 gig hard drive to use as a second drive... only for video editing. thanks for the info....