1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speed up Droid X2, fix crashes

Discussion in 'Android Phones' started by Wyattspop, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

Can anyone tell me how to speed up my Droid X2 phone ie. clean it up so it will stop doing a "force close" on my apps? I have system tuner pro, but Ive found it very complicated.
    I know the obvious ones, remove unused apps, transfer files over to the SD card, Id also kill some processes but I dont know all the essential ones.
    Thanks much

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

I'm not familiar with the app System Tuner Pro so I can't give you any advice there. If you have a custom recovery flashed, then go in to it and run 'Fix permissions' which should hopefully fix the majority of force close issues.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, then it's probably worth your while to read in to it and flash a custom recovery/root your phone.

3. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

Thanks so much for your help. No, I don't have a custom recovery flashed, I can look that up easy enough. My phone isn't rooted, though I've considerd it many times as I'm a "tinkerer"...only thing that's stopped me is you really don't have to commit that far to work in the "root", if you throw your phone into your PC's USB2 port, you can access alot..the phones files, your micro-SD card so I haven't come across any benefits to rooting that I can't access via USB/PC (perhaps you know something)..Oh, and there are about 20 "root guides", I didn't want to pick the one written by some tool who knew less than I do, I don't know which root guides are legit, which are some tool with a few gigs of malware to add. I'd love to hear your take on it if you have a moment.
    Name's Tommy, Thanks

4. Ripper

Ripper Active member

You'd do well to read into the subject, perhaps ask some follow up questions too, over at this forum:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1172

Specifically, these threads:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1110389
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1728456

I would vouch for the majority of the info you'll find stickied there. I don't own a Droid X2 or I would help you out more personally.

You'll notice the benefits of rooting in, say, flashing a custom rom - not just "rooting" your phone and stopping there. It is, generally speaking, 100% straightforward and most phones do have tools to help you now - in other words, don't fuss over potentially "bricking" your phone.