1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

spider 1.1 help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by munkiez, Feb 26, 2005.

1. munkiez

munkiez Member

Can someone help me please?!?!?!

I received my spider 1.1 today, and flashed my v. 1.4 xbox with the EVOX m8 plus bios. I boot up the xbox and the small evox logo shows up in the top left corner of my screen. OK... bios flash obviously worked, and my chip is installed correctly. When I use my evox auto install, it boots up nicely on a cdrw. Where's the prob. you ask??? No matter how I format or install EVOX to my retail HD, I can't get the xbox to boot my evox dash. It always boots my m$ dash with the bios logo in the top left. I don't really want to switch to a larger hdd because i'm modding the box for my little brother. He doesn't need alot of hdd space, just interested in having me install classic emus for him. What am I doing wrong? Does the m8 plus bios not tell the xbox to boot evox first???

2. sjchu

sjchu Regular member

Amazing.

3. munkiez

munkiez Member

dude,

why don't you just help instead of ridicule?!?
    obviousley i need the help or i wouldn't have posted.

4. sjchu

sjchu Regular member

Which option did you use in the Slayer's auto installer?

5. munkiez

munkiez Member

I've tried every combination possible by now,
    but at first i figured it was straight forward.
    Using the retail hd, so i chose "format retail hard drive C," then "install EVOX, APPS, XBMP to retail hard drive C." You can see the hard drive space decrease on the left of the screen as it scrolls through all of the files it's installing. It seems to install ok, but always boots to m$ dash.

Thank you for replying by the way, i appreciate it tons.

6. munkiez

munkiez Member

BTW,
    I'm using an xecuter 2 bios now, still no dice.
    I've also moved the HD jumper to MASTER rather than CABLE SELECT.

7. sjchu

sjchu Regular member

You maybe running out of space on C:. DO you have PC connection to your xbox? If so, boot up from Slayer AutoInstaller and connect your pc to your xbox by FlashFXP and check the C drive content. Slayer Evox screen displays the IP adddres on the screen, if you pick the right skin. Configure your PC to the IP address of the same subnet.

8. sjchu

sjchu Regular member

x2 BIOS 4983 will boot C:\evoxdash.xbe as first. I don't know which version you have. Earlier version of x2 bios allows xbtools to hack the booting dash. make sure you know which one you have.

9. munkiez

munkiez Member

i found a copy of slayers 2.6 final today, and installed the dash through it without a hitch. Boot right to the evox bios and all.
    Thanx again for the help, I really appreciate it.