1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spider chip install

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by svetter84, Dec 21, 2004.

1. svetter84

svetter84 Member

I have installed my spider chip. If I am gonna just play, backed up games, do I still need to reflash or is that just if your installing a bigger hard drive? Thanks for anyone input!

2. cochojohn

cochojohn Member

hey,
    think that what you are gonna do with your chip depends on what bios then dashboard you flash it with. At this point in time I have been unable to get my xbox to read any disk with the bios file on it (grrrr...). The cromwell bios that the spiderchip ships with won't let you do much more than load another bios from what I can tell. hope you have more luck than me. :)

3. svetter84

svetter84 Member

Actually I havent!! When I boot up it says, problem with xbox send to factory!! I see this chip was not the best chip to buy!! Although its solderless the wires are very easy to pop off! Had to resolder 4 of them back to the original spider chip board! After 6 hours of messing with it I gave up!!!! Will buy solder chip next time!!!!! Thanks for your help anyway!!!