1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spider Chip Problem Famous

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by bill101, Apr 2, 2005.

1. bill101

bill101 Member

Hello this is a Big Problem
    The Spider Chip, When installed it says it recieves power but then shuts off 2 times in a row then stays at one screen not even close to loading the bios. Ok WTF mate. So peole come up with the idea to use the original screw ok works for some but most say no. What is the deal with this. I am having the same problem. And a lot of people give you crap like "oh yea check the legs make sure they are in all the way or make sure its more level and lighned up with the DO point well thats common sence no one wants to hear that. Now comeon anyone have an official way to make it work. Amyone agree with my problems respod wit somethin i dont care.

2. parth722

parth722 Member

I know right, same problem, i installed it all right and everything but it boots shuts off, boots, shuts off, then the third time it boots and the disc tray light flashes red and nothing on tv screen.

3. samusXP

samusXP Regular member

Exact same thing happened to me. WTF!? I tried it in two different Xboxes and got the same result.

4. parth722

parth722 Member

someone please help us!

5. baxbox

baxbox Member

i have the same problem if you found out how to fix it tell

6. DFaust

DFaust Guest

this is my same exact problem as well, after flashing bios xbox reboots 3 times and then screen is blank, now what the hell am I gonna do. is there a way to get back the original bios so I can try again?? I mean wtf!

7. parth722

parth722 Member

There is a way to get back to the original spiderchip bios. You have to but the spiderchip programmer. Go to their site for more info.

Can anyone can help on the situation I have?

8. mimijai

mimijai Member

Parth.. The contacts are not in tact. You could try applying pressure on the chip and turn the xbox on.

9. parth722

parth722 Member

apply pressure on the side that is connected to the lpc port? i tried but it didn't work, it must be really hard to put it in the lpc port perfectly.

10. knick140

knick140 Member

ok guys this is what I did. I put some solder on the back holes of my lpc and once i screwed in the spider everthing worked fine. Piece of cake.

11. parth722

parth722 Member

U mean all of the holes on the left side of the lpc?

12. knick140

knick140 Member

no just the ones facing the front of your box. the ones that lift up once you put the screw in.

13. parth722

parth722 Member

Did you get your chip to work on a v1.0 xbox with a v1.1 chip?

14. knick140

knick140 Member

yes i did . It took a min to figure it out but i got it.

15. parth722

parth722 Member

So you got the chip to fully stay in place by using solder? And also, did you take out the solder from the lpc port cause there is solder on the spot the pogo pins go in for a v1.0 xbox, or did you put the chip on there still?

BTW, If you can, could you give me a pic of your xbox with the chip in place. I understand if you don't want to or can't. Thanks

16. knick140

knick140 Member

nah parth, i sold that one.but in the future I'll have pics of it. no I didnt remove the solder from the rest of the lpc i just left it there.

17. JimmyO

JimmyO Guest

just a quick one, probably a silly question, i replaced the xbox fan with a cool 8cm one with 4 diff coloured led's. I switched the fan speed with the 12v mod (split the black ground wire and taped it to the heat shield), noisy as hell by the way, but the led's shine much much brighter.

anyway, the fan blades face the same way round as the xbox fan did before it, but it blows a friggin gail out the back of the xbox, i assumed it would need turning around if thats the case as the gadgets inside would want all the nice air blowing over them....is this the case, do xbox fans and normal pc case fans spin the same way, am i talking out my ass...someone please advise before i take it to bits again and turn the fan round....

its just that i sat and watched the cpu temp go up right infront of me on the 'dashboard' settings screen.

regards...jim

18. parth722

parth722 Member

well knick, thanks in advance for future and also you were very lucky to get that chip working that quick using the basic method

19. bill101

bill101 Member

Ok , Wrong. WARNING- If you are trying to get your xbox to work with the spider chip, and you have the following problems.. Stop Immediatley!
    - Powers on and Powers off again
    -When held in place xbox eject light flashes twice then stays red yet nuthing happens
    -Even if held down tight still get the same problems
    I You must stop. I tried about 5 times and I F****d over my box. I have to buy a new one now. _unless someone knows hot to fix my problem. I am pretty sure i burned a via or what ever. Anyone want to buy my xbox you let me know.
    Anyway if your having these probs then you should just stop Untill you know a definite way to place or fix the spider chip.

Proffesional Modders.......
    start checkin out Xbox 360 ASAP

hells yea

20. andreasis

andreasis Member

well my story's a little different. I bought the spider 1.1 bout 2 weeks ago, screwed it in to my 1.0 xbox and put in the one wire. All worked perfectly. Now yesterday I accidentally yanked on the switch cord, putting the chip out of alignment.

I put it back into alignment - just like before, put in the wire .

and ... ... ... ... nothing.

xbox bios boots up, not the iND bios from the spider.

so what does this spider chip programmer do that could possibly fix my problem? would it?

thnks.