1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SPIDER CHIP WILL NOT DO ANYTHING.PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by aliasme, Apr 7, 2005.

1. aliasme

aliasme Member

Hi, I installed my spider chip and I get the spider chip logo to come on the screen when I power on. I have an xbox 1.6. Then, the spider chip prompts several options (where to load bios from) I cannot choose or toggle between the options. Or if I press the buttons of the controller nothing happens. Does anyone know what may be wrong? I rechecked the wires and they seem to be ok, (I had to scrape off lacquer from the holes, some of them were sealed) However, if I get the spiderchip logo to come on the screen, does that necessarily mean that the chip and all the wires were installed correctly? Could I get the spider screen to come one if one of the wires is not installed correctly?

2. Ruin

Ruin Member

The chip doesn't come with a bios that can do anything other then unlock the hardrive if you want it to do anything else you need to flash a new bios check the rest of the forum to find out where to get one from and for help flashing your bios check the offical site they have a manual.

http://www.spiderchip.com/manual.html

3. aliasme

aliasme Member

but how can I unlock the harddrive if I cannot even highlight that option. the controller won't cause anything to move or do anything on the screen...

4. mdsup

mdsup Guest

you need to flash the chip with a hacked bios...and since you have a 1.6 xbox you only have 2 choices of bios to use...

1. m8_16
    2. m8plus_16

search around the forums on where to obtain one of these bios's...the bios that comes preloaded on the chip is worthless but it is legal...the hacked bios's are illegal that is why they do not come on the chip...however a little research will provide you with the info needed to obtain a hacked bios.