1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

spiderchip 1.1 problems

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by birdy_03, Feb 4, 2005.

1. birdy_03

birdy_03 Member

I just bought a spiderchip 1.1 and I have a xbox v1.1. Got the chip installed easy enough but the bios never come up. I tried the D and E wire. When using the E wire the the xbox turns on & off 3 times, and the xbox logo comes up when using the D wire. Any suggestions.

2. portunato

portunato Member

Same stuff happened to me, Spiderchip is a scam.

3. birdy_03

birdy_03 Member

Anyone know another good reliable chip to use.

4. mdsup

mdsup Guest

if you are looking for solderless you can go with the xecuter 3 or the xenium ice....probably the best 2 on the market right now.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2005
  5. portunato

portunato Member

I read in a forum that if your button is solid red when you first turn on the xbox, your chip is installed correctly but it doesn't have a bios. So you'll need to use programmer. Anyways, I experienced the 2x on and off then red/green. Then when I placed a cork(which I also learned from another forum)on my chip (about 3/4" to almost 1" long) and used the Rom Drive to apply pressure on the chip using the cork, the light turns solid red. When ever I can get a hold of a programmer I'll flash the bios and hope it works. I have a feeling a lot of these chips don't have any bios, that way you have to go spend mo $ on Spiderchip's new programmer thats supposedly be comming out.