1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spiderchip bios backup

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by jasin39, Apr 2, 2005.

1. jasin39

jasin39 Member

I am relatively new to xbox backups. so here goes my anectdote and my question.

About a month ago i bought the spiderchip and 120g hd combo. and the bios came preinstalled on the hd. so I did the flash thing, and everything is 5by5.

My backups work, my ftp works. so heres the question. If i were to buy say a 160gig or larger hd and wanted to swap it for the 120, how would i back up the bios and evox. do i even need to since the chip itself has already been flashed? could i just ftp the folders from the xbox to the new hd while its in my comp. and then swap the new hd with the one in my xbox now?

here are the specs sofar
    spiderchip 1.1
    xbox ver 1.0
    i am not sure of my evox ver.
    how do icheck my bios ver. i only ask so that i may give as much info needed to those who read this

however i have received the chip only about 8 weeks ago
    so i think the bios should be somewhat new

2. jasin39

jasin39 Member

I had another question regarding the XBmedia center. when i click the web radio button nothing happens. MY weather channel update works as well as my cddb for cd identification but no web radio. is there some sort of service that i have to subscribe to. Also i have heard of streaming videos over the web into your xbox. is there a thread someone could direct me to. any feedback would be much appreciated.