1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spiderchip flashed, no booting - now what??

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by erkme73, Dec 7, 2004.

1. whiteone

whiteone Guest

tommyl what other preflashed chips do u have e-mail me at Reversepiledrive@yahoo.com

2. bboy_flex

bboy_flex Regular member

Hey whitehorse i suggest that you edit out your e-mial and send him a private messege instead, only because there is a big chance that spammers will get your e-mail adress and start sending u stuff that you really dont want.

3. monster54

monster54 Member

How do you reflash a flashed SpiderChip Mod Chip. I tried using the Cromwell v2.4.0 bios file and it keeps trying to boot linux. I realize after the fact that this bios file isn't for backed up games. It is for running Linux on XBox. Any suggestions as how I should go about doing this or should I try and buy another one and install another bios file like the M8_16 bios file? Please advise. Thanks!

4. bboy_flex

bboy_flex Regular member

Im not 100% sure but isn't the M8_16 only for versions 1.6. If this is true and u don't have a version 1.6 then i would suggest flashing it with the M8 and not the M8_16.

5. lgflynn

lgflynn Guest

Hi Folks is there any flash programmer that will work on the spider chip as I had a bad flash. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2004
  6. monster54

monster54 Member

Word up. I'll keep looking. I am coming to the conclusion that I might have to buy another chip. Thank goodness they aren't $200 or something!

7. drummercp

drummercp Guest

i was trying to flash w/ M8plus_16. The flash didn't successfully complete for some reason(still trying to figure out why) but i'm pretty sure that's one of the correct bios' to use.....i could be wrong though, but it's a 256k bios and i've got a 1.6b box.?

8. sticky240

sticky240 Member

hi, i did the same thing some of you guys did to the spiderchip. I need to find a way to reflash. Please...anyone... :(

9. erkme73

erkme73 Member

With so many people who have bad flashed their chip, the next question is, has ANYONE been able to correctly flash their spiderchip? If so, can you please explain the process? I'd hate to think that the chip is defective, but it's easier for me to accept that, than that all of us are so incompetent that we all permenantly messed up our chips.

10. zerofool

zerofool Member

Summary:
    2 xbox's (v1.6b)
    2 spiderchips
    2 perfect installs
    2 different bios's (x2) (m7)
    2 flashes via dvd-r

result:

2 spiderchips with bad flashes

Coincidence? I don't think so....

11. tommyl

tommyl Guest

hello i had 6 people want a spider chip in their xboxs all perfect installs all perfect flashes and they all work great if any one would like a preflashed chip e-mail me at biggy2438@msn.com just make sure you know what version xbox you have and what kind of chip you want all preflashed chips are $20 that includes shipping thanks

12. tommyl

tommyl Guest

13. drummercp

drummercp Guest

can someone that has a "working" flashed spiderchip (preferably for a v1.6b box) post what kind of bios they used for the rest of us and the version xbox they have...?

14. whiteone

whiteone Guest

I need a Ice solderless preflashed modchip

15. sticky240

sticky240 Member

i got the m8 bios

i just need know how to reflash it.... -_-

16. HatTrik24

HatTrik24 Regular member

Hey Tommy,

It would be nice if you could tell us what bios you used to flash those 6 chips. I'm sure it would help a lot of us out!

Thanks

Triks

17. HatTrik24

HatTrik24 Regular member

Alright!

I just learned something but have not yet tested it to know if it is right.. but makes sense.

If you have a version 1.6 xbox u can use the bios.. M8_16 or M8plus_16.

If you have a version 1.6b xbox you have to use M8plus_16 bios!

Triks

18. sticky240

sticky240 Member

ya i found that out also, but I can't find the M8plus 16

Can anyone send that to me??

Also, anyone know how to reflash the chip after a bad flash?(blank screen problem)

:(:(

19. HatTrik24

HatTrik24 Regular member

Yes.. I also don't know where to find the M8plus_16 bios. Has anybody found this and if so where?

Triks

20. bboy_flex

bboy_flex Regular member

I have read somewhere that the only current way to reflash your chip is to put it in a older xbox that supports the bios that you flashed the chip with. Same with me i cant find the m8plus_16 bios.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2004