1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spiderchip flashed, no booting - now what??

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by erkme73, Dec 7, 2004.

1. snperwolf

snperwolf Member

i ordered one from dinineo b4 i ordered from tom, it cam damaged beond belief plus a money order has a serial number on the recipt and on the order that when it is cashed is put into a computer along with the cashers name, also on the order. after which i can go online and enter the serial and see if it has been cashed

2. mesman21

mesman21 Member

Hey guys, i also had a bad flash on a spider chip. I am gonna order another, and i got my hands on an old Xbox so im gonna try to reflash it on there. But before i do anything i need the M8plus_16 bios. I cannot find it anywhere, i searched everything, even kazaa to no avail. Could somebody please hook me up, my email is the same as my name here, just with @yahoo.com thrown on the end. Thanks

3. lgflynn

lgflynn Guest

4. coolta123

coolta123 Member

I was wondering on how you would flash the Spiderchip with the BIN file. I'm trying to get everything ready so when my chip comes I'll be all set. So can someone tell me what I should do with M8plus_16.bin

5. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

Ok first of all for the guy who fooked up his flash. You nedd to
    1.wait for them to realise there programmer (they are planning this)
    2.Try a mod chip hot swop (needs another xbox with a working spiderchip in it)if you have access to another xbox with a working spiderchip (your freinds or something) come back here for a guide.

Ok coolta123 you only use the M8plus_16.bin if you have a 1.6 or 1.6b xbox. Flashing it on a 1.0-1.5 will fook it. If you have a 1.0-1.5 use m8plus.bin or x3 4983.06

You can download a guide on flashing the spiderchip here http://www.spiderchip.com/Spider-flash.pdf

6. coolta123

coolta123 Member

I have the Xbox that has NCAA 2004 and Top Spin for free and its the holdiay Xbox so do i have a 1.6/B?

7. mesman21

mesman21 Member

Thanks lgflynn, the only thing is, that file is 455kb, isn't it supposed to be 256kb? Mabey file size has nothing to do with it, i was just wondering.

coolta123, im gonna install a new spiderchip in my other Xbox. If you could help me after that it would be great.

8. coolta123

coolta123 Member

Sure I'll help. To communicate easier do you have an instant messanger program?

9. lgflynn

lgflynn Guest

hi, there are 2 bios files in it, you just use the one that suits your needs

10. bboy_flex

bboy_flex Regular member

Can i use the M8 bios and not the M8plus to flash to a 1.0-1.5 xbox?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2004
  11. coolta123

coolta123 Member

Only use M8plus DON'T USE M8plus_16 since u have a 1.0-1.5 system. So use M8plus

12. bboy_flex

bboy_flex Regular member

I messed up on the first post. What i ment to say was can i use the M8 bios instead of the M8plus bios for version 1.0-1.5?

13. jgoff123

jgoff123 Member

hey guys, i have been reading this thread and i want to tell u guys that i modded my xbox wit a spiderchip and it worked. So the whole story is my sister,s boyfriend gave me his old xbox because it had disc read errors. it started to work at first, than it wouldnt play anything. So what i did was, i asked snip3rwolf(one of my friends), if i could borrow his disc drive, and he let me. So me and him put it in my old xbox and booted it up wit the spiderchip that i bought from divineo. Anyway i botted up the xbox wit the spiderchip and the working disc drive in it and it said to flash it. So snip3rwolf and me download the bios(i used m8_16). The xbox version was 1.0. The flash was a success, and i installed the dashboard. I used EvoX 2.6 dashboard. So after i got my modchip set up i reilized i didnt have a working xbox disc drive. I was pissed off because i had a working modded xbox, but i couldnt use it. So i did a little begging and my parents bought me one for Christmas. I looked on the back and it was made in November so i think it is a pretty new model. Maybe 1.6 or 1.6b. I'm not sure exactly. So now im gonna buy a 120GB hard drive so i can copy my games, DVD's, and anything i want to copy from their discs to the hard drive. So there is my story of modding my xbox. All of this happend over a 2 week period. I hope anything i said in this helped somebody.

14. mesman21

mesman21 Member

Hey, my AOL sn is the same as my name here.
    As for the bios, how do i extract the 2 files from the 1 .rar file, do i need to download one of those bios managing programs?

15. coolta123

coolta123 Member

Just drag them onto your desktop.

Get on AIM

16. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

bboy_flex you can use the m8 BIOS for xbox 1.0-1.5 just make sure you dont use m8_16.

mesman21
    Extract using winrar (its free for 30 days)

17. snperwolf

snperwolf Member

divineo tech support are assholes, i emailed them about my defective chip and they said "If it was damaged then why did you accept it from the shipper?"
    wtf is up with that??? oh yeah im gonna inspect it before i sign for it

Last edited: Dec 29, 2004
  18. erkme73

erkme73 Member

Still nothing from Tom (other than promises that he'd send a replacement chip on the 27th w/DHL). Now he says he didn't send it with DHL, but rather with USPS, which has no tracking number - even though he said previously he'd never send anything with USPS again because they lost the first TWO. I'll take my chances with Divineo over this joker.

19. erkme73

erkme73 Member

BTW, anyone have an eta for a programmer for the badflashed spiderchip I now have?

20. dicklane

dicklane Member

when you flash a spiderchip what exactly happens.when i flashed it, it said please insert disc to flash. i did. then when i t got done it said NEW. where do i go from there?