1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spiderchip flashed, no booting - now what??

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by erkme73, Dec 7, 2004.

1. coolta123

coolta123 Member

After you flash the chip with the BIOS you will need to install a dashboard like Slayer Evox

2. jgoff123

jgoff123 Member

its best to install a dashbaord like one that comes with everything. Like and auto install of everything u need.

3. drummercp

drummercp Guest

if anyone wants to sell me their badly flashed spiderchip i'll buy 'em for 7 dollars?

email me ic4havcom @aol.com
    (there is no space in the address, it's for anti-spam)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2005
  4. PCXobX

PCXobX Guest

I will buy them for 5 bucks. they arent worth more than that.

5. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

there worth more than 5 bucks since they are 100% fixable.

6. lgflynn

lgflynn Guest

7. PCXobX

PCXobX Guest

I kid...I kid....it's worth about $6.oo

8. DanDaMan

DanDaMan Member

Does it ever seem like a mess to get this new Spider Chip flashed! And if it gets flashed wrong, it seems like you're pretty much screwed until the programmer is released.

I have a pretty simple question. Is this the only solderless chip available for version 1.6? I got a new XBox for XMas with the Top Spin and Amped 2 games. It's quite new, so I'm assuming it's 1.6 (how would I know if it's 1.6b?).

I've done soldering before, so that's not a big fear of mine. The part that I've been a bit "scared" of is this whole bios flashing and installing a dashboard stuff. I don't want to screw up the XBox or the mod chip and end up spending more money. I thought some chips were "re-flashable" if they get goofed?

Anyway, I would probably lean towards a solder chip with more flexibility (ie. restore capability).

9. drummercp

drummercp Guest

Aight folks, it's offical, i bought the xecuter programmer from the baldbouncer site and fixed all 3 of my badly flashed chips. WAHOO!! Just do what they say on the site, get the iXia program and once in that program, it'll be on the Aladdin tab, just drag and drop M8plus16.bin into it, but you might first want to use EVTools and change the harddrive LBA to whatever you want, or other features for that matter, like changing the evox logo to a pretty little naked lady and then click write.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2005
  10. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

Dandaman the xecuter 2.6 or 3.0 is 100% compatible with all xbox's. the 3.0 has a "save" chip on it just incase you muck up the flash. you do have to solder. the spiderchip is still the only chip that can mod all xbox types with no solder. The dashboard is just software you put on you xbox HDD, no big deal, cant muck up your xbox that way.

11. robadob

robadob Member

I'm having this same issue with a spiderchip.

I've had an utter nightmare of a time with this 1.6 xbox. I tried softmodding it using the latest technique - everything worked perfectly until I rebooted the machine and it fragged (light flashing red and green). Unfortunately noone told me to unlock the HD first (although I don't think that would have been an option as as far as I'm aware an unchipped xbox won't run an unlocked HD, but anyway...).

No way to unlock the HD, or practically no way, so I can't simply hot swap it into another xbox (I tried anyway just incase). I've got a 1.4 xbox here as well that was successfully modded to run Xecuter2 via the silver pen ink + save game hack method.

Final resort was to buy a modchip - I'm no genius with soldering so the spiderchip was the only real option with this box being a 1.6. I got as far as installing the chip (after one of the legs snapped off and I had to solder it back on - which I actually did really well if I do say so myself). The chip powers up (blue led etc) and the xbox boots in to the spiderchip Cromwell bios. Burnt a bios to CD - wouldn't read it, tried another CD, no luck, etc. Finally it dawned on me that I could copy a bios to the HD in my 1.4 xbox and the put that HD in the 1.6 box and load the bios from there (which worked). It loaded the bios, went through the process of flashing it and apparently succeeded. I tried using the Xecuter2 bios (X2.4983.67). When the console rebooted it did the turn on and off a couple of times and then frag.

So now I'm generally up sh*t creek with no paddle. I've got an Xecuter X2 programmer sitting on my desk which apparently you can use to reprogram the spiderchip - HOWEVER - the spiderchip has a 12 pin connector - the programmer has a 14 pin one. No where online can I find instructions for flashing the spiderchip with the X2 programmer. I've got everything I need software wise I just can't get it to talk to the chip via the programmer.

I'm going mad over this and I really don't want to have to resort to buying an Xecuter modchip and soldering it in or anything like that - I've spent enough money in the last 2 months ;)

If there is ANYONE out there who knows anything at all about reflashing spiderchips please, please, PLEASE give me an email [ ro bi n! @ ng se . co . uk ] (remove spaces and ! - for anti spam stuffery).

Thanks in advance for any help received!!!

Robin

12. coolta123

coolta123 Member

One of the chip leg wires snapped off and i lost it so i was wondering if i can just use a regular wire.

13. robadob

robadob Member

coolta123 -

I don't see why you can't - just make sure it's got the same resistance rating - that's the only thing I can think of that might effect it.

Those legs do snap off rather easily!

Robin

14. mesman21

mesman21 Member

OK, so i got a new spider chip and installed it in my xbox. But it was the same xbox i screwed up my first flash on. Can you do that or do i need to do something with my xbox. I only say this becuase i cannot get the spider chip screen to boot up, it only works when i turn it to off and then the microsoft one come up.

15. robadob

robadob Member

I've managed to re-flash my Spiderchip using the X2 programmer :D

However I'm getting the same as mesman21 - reinstalled the chip, flashed successfully with the M8Plus bios and it appears to boot up but getting no screen feed. Boots into the MS dashboard fine.

16. erkme73

erkme73 Member

To anyone wishing to express an apology to TommyL - keep wishing. Nothing ever showed up - neither his scan of my "bad" check, nor a chip. On the upside, I purchased an xecuter3 chip from Divineo, flashed it with the latest x3 bios, and everything works great. Sorry to hear others still have had little success with their spiderchips. Good luck to all.

17. PCXobX

PCXobX Guest

I was wondering if there was any type apoxy I could use to hold the Spiderchip wires to the motherboard. If anyone knows of anything good to use I would appreciate it.

18. mesman21

mesman21 Member

robadob, tell me if u ever get the problem worked out, im buying another xbox tomrrow to see if it will work on there. By the way, what store did u get ur programmer at?

19. robadob

robadob Member

I got my programmer when I bought the Spiderchip, and I got both from baldbouncer.co.uk.

I will be sure to give you a shout if/when I get this sorted, would appreciate it if you could do the same if you get yours sorted before me :)

20. s3xdr69

s3xdr69 Member

i think u need to put the evox files bak..