1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spiderchip flashed, no booting - now what??

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by erkme73, Dec 7, 2004.

1. Marron

Marron Guest

Ok Guys
    Hare is the truth plain and simple.

I bought my spiderchip online witha promise of 1-3 day delivery, 5 minute installation, ease of use.

It arrived a week later.

Problem 1
    It would not install, I emailed the sie and they replied it was spiderchips tutorial that was at fault, and the the wiring was wrong.

Fixed..... No

Problem 2

After correction the wiring I found that it would not boot at all. Contacted the sit again. They said it was the screw set i was given is wrong and to use sticky tape!! I taped it down as best I could but after a whle it always pops up again. thought that the worst was over.

Fixed..... No

Problem 3

The chip wanted a bios so I prepared evox m7 for flashing. it flashed and guess what.... NOTHING. damn thing shoed no signs of existing at all.. no logo... no sound.. just the usual microsoft loadup.
    Must be a bad flash.

So in conclusion.
    The Five minute install is mow a week in process.
    I have an Xbox in Pieces.
    I have to wait for the new fixings.
    The quick fix does not work.
    There is no way to re flash as we are all waiting for a programmer that is not released.

Is it Just Me or does anyone else feel conned?

2. robadob

robadob Member

You can actually reflash the Spiderchip using the Xecuter programmer which can be bought here:

http://www.baldbouncer.co.uk/catalo...id/31?osCsid=663a170451e402dd60ee5a93bb384406

If you want I can send you instructions on how to reflash it (it took me a week to work that out!) But otherwise check out this diagram on how to interface the programmer and the spiderchip:

http://www.baldbouncer.co.uk/catalo...D/113?osCsid=663a170451e402dd60ee5a93bb384406

And using this software application:

http://www.baldbouncer.btinternet.co.uk/iXia.rar

Hope this helps...

Robin

(Marron I've PM'ed this to you as well as posting here)

3. mesman21

mesman21 Member

Alright, what a terrible day! I got my brand new xbox to try my spider chip in and there was plastic crap everywhere over the holes that i had to scrape off whith an exacto knife. So I throw it in, nothing. Then I check online and i have the new v. 1.1 spider chip. In the wiring diagram it shows wire d and e NOT CROSSING, but then in another pic later, they do! So what the hell, then i realized i took to much crap off the board that i screwed up my brand new Xbox! I think its salvagable, but man its not gonna be easy. So if anyone could tell me how d and e wires go on v 1.1 spider chip that would be great

4. Marron

Marron Guest

The new instruction for the v1.1 modchip are on the spiderchip.com site.

But when I tried to open them they crashed!!!!

Just like everything else they do.

5. mesman21

mesman21 Member

well, i think my xbox is dead. I cannot seem to fix my motherboard, therefore, i am considering buying an old one off ebay. They seem pretty cheap, like $20 deff enough to make it worth while. But, does anyone know if a version 1.0 or 1.1 will work in the 1.6 case and powersupply? That would be sick if it did, especially because modding them are easier.

6. ewok123

ewok123 Member

can someone answer this? I have a version 1.6 xbox and spiderchip 1.1. which way are the d and e wires supposed to be set up? i have tried d in the middle of c and e and it frags. i have tried e in between c and d and the xbox powers on but goes straight to red light w/ no video - no fragging just solid red light w/ no video. when chip is off, boots fine to ms dash.

7. juan2320

juan2320 Regular member

The D wire is the E on v1.1 and the E wire is the D. v1.1 D=E , E=D , v1.0 D=D

8. Reliq

Reliq Member

Yea, hotswap nothing, I have a bad flash...period, not a wrong version, it is corrupt.

Also, there is no such thing as a spiderchip programmer, its just a facade.

9. robadob

robadob Member

Reliq you CAN program/reflash a spiderchip (1.0) with the Xecuter 2 programmer. I'm living proof. If you want detailed instructions I might be arsed to email you them.

10. sticky240

sticky240 Member

can you email me the instruction? manofthug@yahoo.com

thanks.

11. mdcroft

mdcroft Member

has anyone heard of when spiderchip is supposed to be releasing their prgrammer? or for people in the US/Canada.?

12. Reliq

Reliq Member

If I wanted to pay all that money for the chip and the programmer, I would have just bought something else. Its kind of stupid for me to buy a programmer anyways, since the nearest person to me is about 1/2 mile on either side, and they are all old ppl.

I dont even know anyone else that has a modded Xbox, so it would be no advantage to even let them use it.

Bah....besides, I put the spiderchip in the blender last night with 3 shots of 190 Proof liquor, let it run for a few seconds, then set the little piece of shit on fire.

Goddamn garbage. You know soemthings wrong when there are no ways to even contact the people that make these chips. They let you deal with divineo, and I think I could have got more help from the Special Education Day Care down in town.

*Edited for spelling, no content changed*

Last edited: Jan 28, 2005
  13. erkme73

erkme73 Member

Guys, you've seen my whining posts about my success with the Spiderchip (and the subsequent rip-off TommyL who never produced anything but heartburn for me)...

I ordered the X3 by teamxecuter. I'm new to soldering and it was a piece of cake. I've tossed my Spiderchip in the garbage.

The X3 has room for up to 8 different bios PLUS a backup. If you try to load the wrong one (as I did again setting it up for the first time) you simply switch a dip-switch (located on the OUTSIDE) of the X-box, and you're back in business. I flashed it using my HTTP browser, and it worked GANGBUSTERS.

I now have a 250GB HD with about 45 games on it. If your spinning your wheels, let this novice tell you for the extra $30, you will have a breeze with the X3. I bought mine from Divineo (sp?) using their cheapest shipping - this is the same place I bought my Spiderchip. It traveled from Canada to FL in about 10 days.

Everytime I get an update due to someone posting here, I think you guys are really suffering much more frustration than the difference in cost is worth.

As someone who tried (and failed) with the Spiderchip - and someone who has NEVER moded or soldered before - and someone who doesn't know anyone who has, buy the X3 and you'll be copying and playing in no time.

14. bboy_flex

bboy_flex Regular member

I havent been on this forum for a while now but i gotta tell you guys the update i had. I waited for about a month until my spiderchip finally arrived. Once it did i could never get it to boot up to the cormwell bios. I finally managed to boot the chip up my applying pressure to the chip. The chip is now in place and has been working great ever since.

15. Marron

Marron Guest

Well Guys.

Here is some stuff that might help.

I have an eraser cut to size, approx 3/4 inch, and sitting on top of the chip, when I replace the dvd drive it gives pressureto the araser and then to the chip keeping it in place. This works great and does not damage the Xbox in any way. I must agree with many of you, the offical spiderchip site is a joke. Now they want us to take a pliers to the chip!!!!

Get real!

16. bboy_flex

bboy_flex Regular member

An eraser is a good idea. What i did to get the chip working was put a cork from a wine bottle.

17. dann5

dann5 Member

guys i had a perfectly fine installation wiht my spiderchip on my v1.6 xbox and i used EvolutionX M8 Bios_v1.6.rar to flash it. i unrar'ed it and put it on cd-rw with 50+mb dummy file. flashed it fine. or so it seems. i booted it like twice to make sure it loads and i left it there. the next day when i wanted to ftp something on it, it doesn't boot at all when the chip is in... what did i do wrong? wrong bios?

18. bboy_flex

bboy_flex Regular member

Yeah man wrong bios. You have to flash the v1.6 xboxes with m8_plus bios.

19. dann5

dann5 Member

fudgecake! so... what do i do now? T_T

20. snperwolf

snperwolf Member

you have 3 choices
    1. buy a new chip
    2. buy a programmer
    3. make your bad flash look like a damaged product and bitch Divineo :-D (go me)