1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spiderchip flashed, no booting - now what??

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by erkme73, Dec 7, 2004.

1. juan2320

juan2320 Regular member

What bios do I ned for xbox v1.4 Where can I get them?

2. bboy_flex

bboy_flex Regular member

Use the M8 bios. You can get it from anywhere. I even thing that there is a link on the thread that gives you the m8 bios.

3. xXTUBBYXx

xXTUBBYXx Member

There's alot of n00bs in here including me, all I read is about m8 this m16 plus bah!. Can you guys please help the n00bs understand. I have a halo edition xbox
    Manufacture Date: 2004-02-05
    What version is my xbox? I wanna install the spiderchip. And can someone make a lil guide for what bios to install in what version of the xbox. Also doesn't the chip come preflashed with cromwell wont that let you play backups? Thanks guys.
    OH will having a slayers auto installer be helpfull?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2005
  4. portunato

portunato Member

For the guy with the halo edition xbox, I wouldn't risk putting the spiderchip on that thing. There's just to much problems with this chip.

5. jonesy827

jonesy827 Member

I just ordered a spiderchip from modchipstore.com and it will be here soon..If i try to flash the M8_plus16 bios will it be bad if it doesnt work..would I be able to get an Xecuter 3 with soldering to work or would I have to do something?

*edit*I found a bios on xbins called EvolutionX m8plus Bios..is it the right onw

Last edited: Feb 9, 2005
  6. Macdawgg

Macdawgg Regular member

Okay I'm a newbie but I do have very good soldering skills and I've got a new X-box(manu date is 12/04) I've thought about buying the spider chip but after reading all these posts I've had my doubts. with that said-Is the general consensus Thumbs down on the spider-chip? and just buy the Xenium Ice?

7. bboy_flex

bboy_flex Regular member

Buy yourself along with whatever chip you get. Chances are the transistor is gonna burn out and you will have to replace it. Thats what ended up happening to me.

8. munkiez

munkiez Member

Can someone help me please?!?!?!

I received my spider 1.1 today, and flashed my v. 1.4 xbox with the EVOX m8 plus bios. I boot up the xbox and the small evox logo shows up in the top left corner of my screen. OK... bios flash obviously worked, and my chip is installed correctly. When I use my evox auto install, it boots up nicely on a cdrw. Where's the prob. you ask??? No matter how I format or install EVOX to my retail HD, I can't get the xbox to boot my evox dash. It always boots my m$ dash with the bios logo in the top left. I don't really want to switch to a larger hdd because i'm modding the box for my little brother. He doesn't need alot of hdd space, just interested in having me install classic emus for him. What am I doing wrong? Does the m8 plus bios not tell the xbox to boot evox first???

9. tyche7

tyche7 Member

I would recommend NOT ever getting the spider. I have worked with several other mod chips (Xenium Ice, Xecuter, etc) but BY FAR the WORST I have ever used is this Spider. It is piss poor in it's design as it doesn't even stay in your Xbox without clipping a piece here, using an eraser or a cork there, etc. AVOID THIS CHIP!

10. snperwolf

snperwolf Member

NO ONE ORDER A CHIP FROM A "THOMAS LERETSIS", i ordered one from him and i should have checked here first, he scammed me out of $20, but luckily for me it was a money order, so i can get my money back and contact the gov. and get his ass for mail fraud (muhahaha SOB)

11. erkme73

erkme73 Member

You are now the FOURTH person who has been scammed by this guy. I say we all take a road trip to Erie PA and kick some ass. That son of a bitch put my work email address on here as retaliation for me revealing his scam, and now I get tons of spam. Anyone want to take lead on pressing charges, i'll back you up 100%. I travel all 50 states, and have no problem calling on this bastard...

12. snperwolf

snperwolf Member

i vote we kick some scammer ass too, and i would but im not for a trip to PA ive already filed a complaint on him with the ftc, hope i get his ass some jail time, and my money >:) well anyways it would help the case if yall filed complaints too (all those complaints coming through on him at one time then there will be far better proof) oh yeah, i got his phone number and tried to call that little bastard and his phone is disconnected >:-( oh yeah and that lil fag is a minor (as in it isnt legal for him to do person to person sales over the internet) i say we get this little bastard!

13. aptims

aptims Member

man this chip is too finicky I installed my first one flawlessly in about 30 min. the next one took 2 days but did eventually work now I am modding 2 more at the same time and when I finaly realized they switched the wires and was able to flash using the same m8+ bios for V1.6 as before same disc and all
    after restarting the bastards shut on and off twice then frag on the third time spidershit is not that greatnow I gotta figure out how to fix this since spiderchip.com is useless and the resellers are the same.

14. juan2320

juan2320 Regular member

You need to get bios to make the disc and flash the chip in your xbox. Do you have a working chip in your xbox?

Last edited: Jul 28, 2005
  15. agazz

agazz Member

Very new to the whole thing, but let me see if I have this right...

1.) I flashed Evox M7ef to the Spiderchip 1.1 on a Xbox 1.0 and following the bios flash, the thing just boots as if it was a normal unmodified xbox.

2.) This means that this particular Xbox/Bios combo is not compatible (thanks so much for warning me Spiderchip) and there is no way to reflash the chip via software. (Swapping with one the chip would work with is pointless as the instructions for the older boxes have you cut off all but one connecting wire, and I wouldn't mess around with a friends unmodifed box anyway)

3.) The only way to do anything with this chip now would be to buy the programmer for the chip and reflash it via my PC.

If I'm right, let me know as from reading post after post, that's the jist I got.

Also, does anyone know what bios DOES work with a 1.0 Xbox with this flaming piece of crap chip? Just in case I go the programmer route, I'd like to know what exactly to flash onto the thing.

16. apannos36

apannos36 Member

It seems that I'm not alone with the mirid of problems that comes along with the spider chip. Well, here is my case:

The problem I'm having is that I flashed the chip with the Linux-Cromwell bios, which I didn't want to do, I just wanted to load up a bios that would let me install Evox so I could put in my 160 GB hard drive and start to have fun with my Xbox. Not soon after I put the Linux-Cromwell bios on did I realized that the bios I put on was to load Linux on the Xbox, not Evox. Because of that, I'm going fusking insane trying to reflash the chip and get rid of the Goddamn Linux bios and undo my mistake!! Do I have to install Linux onto my Xbox before I can get rid of it? How would I do that? I have a 1.3 Xbox and a 1.1 spider chip. I'm starting to get real mad and I'm getting REAL close to putting the damn thing in a blender like Reliq.

Or in light of all the problems with this chip, should i just say fusk it and get a new chip?

17. Pimpinn

Pimpinn Guest

I put this on anouthe thread but i will put it on here to. You sould go to eurasia,com and download the eurasia pro generic flash disk. when unziped it'll have 2 folders and a readme file that is self explanitory. but if you have any problems post on this thread.

18. krock991

krock991 Member

Hey i've also been having this problem, is there anyway to re flash the chip and get it balck to what it first was so i can try and istall a different kind of bios

19. Mstryprsn

Mstryprsn Member

did u try pushing the pogo pins in all the way? because when i first got my spiderchip today and installed it it would turn on then of, on then off, on and then flash green and red. so i saw that the pogo pins werent in the holes, so i pushed them in hand held it there and turned it on and worked, to keep it that way i took a piece of tape and made that ring with the sticky end out and put it under one of the corners and it worked perfectly! i am still trying to flash it though. be careful with ur xbox cuz the chip might come out of place if u shake it too much. I learned that the hard way.

20. Mstryprsn

Mstryprsn Member

nvm it happened to me 2