1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SpiderChip Help (Flashing)

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by d1rekt, Apr 5, 2005.

1. d1rekt

d1rekt Guest

I really need a clear answer for this. Just got the Spiderchip today. It says its 1.0b. Installation was smooth, nothing to it. But I cannot flash the BIOS to save my life. I've tried several different disks. Memorex CD-RW and HP CD-R also Maxwell CD-R.

Here is what is says exactly.

Please insert CD - Flashing Mode

So I insert the CD with the dummy file and the BIOS.BIN file. Then it says...

Waiting for drive - Mode Flashing

Thats all. Nothing from there, it spits the disk back out and brings up the Please insert CD - Flashing Mode screen. If someone has been successful with a certain BIOS or anything please inform me, this has been eating me alive all day. Help a guy out please. :) I would appreciate it.

2. d1rekt

d1rekt Guest

Okay I got the BIOS flashed Im using M7 or something on my Xbox 1.6. Now I need a DashBoard and I dont know the DVD Drive will ONLY play DVD-R and I dont know which Dashboard I should use. Someone please tell me a dashboard that will work on the M7 BIOS for Xbox (it has EvoX logo in the corner when it starts up and then goes to the plain XBox dash). If anyone has any recommendations that I could burn to DVD-R please tell me and I would GREATLY appreciate. It also takes DVD+R. Ive been thinking about the AutoInstaller ISO but I'm afraid to burn it because if it doesnt work I have no more DVD-R!

Please help and I will greatly appreciate.

3. modster

modster Regular member

hey dude, try ftp method, it's quick and easy and it saves wasting dvd medias

4. d1rekt

d1rekt Guest

I need help in doing that though. Can someone post a link to FTP. And I thought FTP was only allowed or w/e if you have EvoX installed. 0_0

5. Eddiez

Eddiez Guest

bump for answer. I'm having this same problem. Evox is already on the chip, but the chip was flashed with the wrong bios. How is FTP done? Please help!

6. bob1958

bob1958 Member

Also have a ques, how do you know you flashed the chip?

7. vholzaix

vholzaix Member

it shows a loading bar when ur flashing the chip
    i wouldnt know what would it look like after the chip has been flashed because i badly flashed mine

heres a tip: GO BUY ANOTHER CHIP! SPIDERCHIP IS A WASTE OF MONEY AND TIME!

8. Eddiez

Eddiez Guest

So are you saying that if I were to buy a new chip and intall it, my FRAG problem would go away? My xbox wont boot up normally if I take of the bad chip! I get Error code 5. Please help, I don't want to go buy another chip if I wont be able to use it. thanks

9. Mstryprsn

Mstryprsn Member

i got a spider chip today and i had no prob installing it all i need is some flashing advise. what file should i use and right now im using a imation cd-rw. any help?

10. pdjlfjmv

pdjlfjmv Member

d1rekt - you really are the scum of the earth. Crawl back under your rock and die. You imbecilic child of a brother and sister born of siblings stretching back over 20 generations. May you rot for all eternity in your own personal hell where you are repeatedly violated by large and intimidating men with barbed wire on sticks. Eejit.