1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spiderchip v1.1 wire broke

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by jonesy827, Feb 11, 2005.

1. jonesy827

jonesy827 Member

AHH!!! my A wire broke off of my spiderchip 1.1 while i was trying to get it into the hole(it looked like it was covered though..can i do something besides soldering to get it back on? I would solder if my dad would let me...if he does should I consider getting a Xecuter 3?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2005
  2. ShaneXH

ShaneXH Guest

you should be able to just simply solder it...its not a big risk......but yeah if you can solder the xecuter 3 is great

3. jonesy827

jonesy827 Member

im looking in to buying a premodded console...the DreamX ones look cool, but i dont know what chip they have in them..does anyone know what chip they have in them?

4. mdsup

mdsup Guest

don't waste your money on a premodded one online...find someone near you and have them install the chip for you...most installers will only charge you 20-30bucks to install a chip.

over at www.xbox-scene.com check out the forums, and way down at the bottom there is a forum called "modchip installers" i think you can find someone close to you, and save yourself some money.

5. sjchu

sjchu Regular member

You can still use the pinheader install with the spiderchip.

6. jonesy827

jonesy827 Member

I read about the pinheader install, but it requres soldering which i have no experience at...so I found a guy in KC with great reputation that will install an Xecuter 2.6 lite and a hard drive for a low price...

Last edited: Feb 11, 2005
  7. tyche7

tyche7 Member

Dude...4 or my 5 wires ended up coming off. The spider chip is just piss-poorly made!! I ended up soldering all 4 of them back on and the chip works perfectly fine now that it's installed. So my advice...solder the wires back on the chip -- it's not as risky as you'd think (or as difficult -- I'm not that great of a solderer).