1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

spiderchip with no controller function

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by srdavis36, Mar 2, 2005.

1. srdavis36

srdavis36 Member

Help! I bought a spiderchip version 1.1 for my x-box v1.0. Spider bios loads perfectly but there's no controller function to select load functions. Does anybody have any suggestions ? Or is it a bad spiderchip from company?

2. kssting

kssting Member

Are you using a microsoft controller? Dont ask me why but my generic controller wouldnt work but the original controller worked fine to load the bios.

3. ejg398

ejg398 Member

I noticed that if it is an after market controller power up the xbox and unplug and plug the controller back in an it will work

4. srdavis36

srdavis36 Member

everything worked fine after i used microsoft controller.

5. aliasme

aliasme Member

what the difference between microsoft controller and xbox controller? I'm having the same problem.

6. srdavis36

srdavis36 Member

the difference is the power the controller takes from motherboard.but everything worked fine after i used microsoft controller.had no problem after that with the spiderchip.

7. aliasme

aliasme Member

I just borrowed a controller from a friend. "MadCats" or "Madcatz" the model number is 4516. I powered on the xbox with the chip, controller connected, disconnected the controller. connected it again, and now I can choose between the options. Conclusion: I could not use the original controller provided with by xbox, with the xbox 1.6. I had to use the one from Madcats.