1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Spidering"software?

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by novicebb, Dec 20, 2005.

1. novicebb

novicebb Regular member

Does anyone know about spidering software? I read in a computer magazine that spidering software is where you can copy complete webpages for later viewing. This would be perfect for me. Any free versions of spidering sofware that I can download?

2. johnodd4

johnodd4 Guest

you need a seperate 80 gig hard drive a copy of windows xp pro or home you then need the reg hack which i have no clue where to fin so don't ask

you then need virtual memory installed on the 2nd hard drive and don't install anything on the second hard drive eaither

it really isn't worth doing all of this to gain some speed my recommendation

1. if you have dsl go broadband

2. if you have dial up go broadband

3. tbiggs

tbiggs Guest

i have done this with microsoft word .what i do is select the edit tab and select all then right click the page and select copy - then open up microsoft word right click and paste. i think wordpad may do this to not sure. there is also a prog called open office i dont no how to link u but if you use any search engine and type open office you should find it ok . i think ad may even have it at the software section . i dont no if its againts the copyright laws to do this so u should probably be carefull copying certain stuff as most of it is most likely protected . good luck i hope i was able to help a little.

4. duckNrun

duckNrun Guest

do a search of "offline viewing" or "offline explorer" there are programs available that will retrieve web pages and store them on your hard drive. You DO NOT need a seperate hard drive to do this!

an example of one program is "offline commander" (i think) good luck