1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Splicing Controller Cords?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by TravDude, Jul 7, 2006.

1. TravDude

TravDude Member

Greetings!

After purchasing a cable extender and a wireless controller (to attach to the end of the extender), I noticed that the extender cable ended at the female side of the break-away connector and the wireless adaptor was made to plug directly into the front of the xbox. Should I try to find a specialty cable that would connect the male end of the wireless adaptor to the female side of the breakaway, or just splice the two connections together? Are there any draw backs to splicing? (i.e. loss of controller response speed or something odd like that?) Thanks!

2. Niobis

Niobis Active member

If you are extra careful about it nothing will change. I done this to a PS2 contoller. Just be careful! Make sure the wires are connected really well.

3. TravDude

TravDude Member

So as long as i solder and heat shrink all connections then it should work as efficiently as normal? Does anyone know if they make such an intermediate cord so that I could avoid cutting my cables?