1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Splinter Cell Double Agent And Using A Joystick

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by VinnyPooh, Aug 7, 2008.

1. VinnyPooh

VinnyPooh Regular member

So i recentley recieved Splinter Cell double Agent for PC. Now i have the PS2 version but i wanted to play it on PC becuase my moniter is way better then my television and will produce better graphics on my PC. I also got a PS2 to PC adapter which enables me to use my PS2 controller on my PC to play PC games becuase lets face it; The PS2 controller is more comfortable to play Splinter cell and other various 3rd person PC games such as Hitman instead of a keyboard and mouse. I can't figure out how to make the game recognize joysticks becuase i dont see a joystick option anywhere. Not in the game or in the game directory. Anyone got any hints. Just knowing if you can use joysticks on Splinter Cell and how will resolve my problem.

2. daacekin

daacekin Regular member

why not just look for a tv monitor adaptor? that way you can still play on your ps2 but using the monitor

3. VinnyPooh

VinnyPooh Regular member

That is a good idea, but i still bought the PS2 to PC adapter and it would be a waste, and thats the whole idea of buying it, to mimick the PS2 controller as a PC joystick by using it on PC games.

4. VinnyPooh

VinnyPooh Regular member

I figured out my problem actually and it turns out that i just needed the correct software which is a Keyboard to Joystcik Emulator and it basically turns my PS2 controller into the keyboard and mouse and gives me the power to play Splinter Cell Double Agent PC with my PS2 controller.

5. daacekin

daacekin Regular member

good for you. i'd rather get a tv monitor adapter. that way the controller can still have the response of the actual console which may be more accurate.

6. VinnyPooh

VinnyPooh Regular member

True but the program i recieved (Pinnacle Game Profiler) is pretty damn accurate when it comes to joystick emulation. It works like a charm. As if the PS2 was in your pc all connected. So thanks anyways for the responses. The analog i set to be as the mouse does have problems though =( making sam fisher always look up , so i dropped a forum question in the Pinncle game profiler forum so that someone could help me out with that particular problem. Other than that, works like a charm =)

7. daacekin

daacekin Regular member

it's an input problem. you'll solve all your problems if you simply get the tv monitor adaptor. but its your choice. i'll leave it up to you. :)

8. VinnyPooh

VinnyPooh Regular member

I actually got it to work perfectly now. There is no diffrence now when plating Splinter Cell on PS2 or PC other then the PC =). Thanks for the replies.