1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Splinter Cell Pandora tomorrow (PC question)

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by ThaSunGod, Apr 15, 2005.

1. ThaSunGod

ThaSunGod Guest

Ight, off gates i have custom built my PC. its aight. enough to perform fairly with this..

A.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    ASUS MOTHERBOARD (AGP 4X)
    Celeron 1.7 gig processor
    512 DDR ram
    WinFast A6600 GT TDH AGP card nvidia (AGP 8x)"VIDEO CARD"
    pro soundcards...

AND DirectX 9c...

When i perform a diagnostic system performance test with Pandora, theres a red "X" by "NO NON power-of-two render target support detected"---WHat does that mean?

when i installed this New video card of mine (WinFast A6600 GT TDH AGP card nvidia) i ran pandora and it ran ok, a little render skipping during fmvs but the game was sluggish and slow running.. i can understand that the card is 8x, and my motherboard only supporting 4x agp slot, and my mediocre celeron 1.7 gig proc. , but this game should play smooth at least, with our without maximum quality enhancements. i adjusted my card for performance too and it ran sluggish still.. please assist me some1. the faggets at intrex computers are avoiding my calls by claiming that they're packed when its dead silence in the background....

Pandora states that my system doesnt meet the minimum requirements in order to play it..

---------
    B.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

and BTW when i intsalled my card.. there is a certain device that cannot start (code 10) which is "Nvidia WDM Video Capture"(universal). i've tried uninstalling...installing... completely.. wont start and this is beginning to concern me....

Peace.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2005
  2. E_Pizza

E_Pizza Regular member

well make sure you have the latest drivers first, also running at AGP 4X alone could be the problem. Make sure your not running any other processes in the background before starting the game, end task on all the unecessary ones. Also i would suggest using a ram defragmenter to free up some memory and how much emeory does your graphics card have. It would also be helpful to know the speed of ram that you have. Besides that also make sure that you have the latest patch on the game as this can cometimes cause performance issues. Odesnt matter about the WDM driver in device manager thats nothing to do with it. If im readin you correctly you have a 6600 GT ?
    This is very strange that game ran pretty well on my Geforce 4 MX400 128mb.
    Hmm although the fact that it is made by winfast could be the problem also but i doubt it even at AGP 4X 6600GT should smoke that game with medium level settings.

3. ThaSunGod

ThaSunGod Guest

YEH MA card is like, 128 megs DDR3 i baleeve.