1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Splinter Cell

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by acecman, May 10, 2003.

1. kurtslash

kurtslash Member

yeah you r rigth my video card is intel 82845g
    chip: intel graphics controller
    and memory 64 mb
    direcx ver : 9.0b i just dl it
    so what u say is that i need to buy a video card (GeForce3)and that will resolve the problem.

is there any other altenatives ?
    i know this is dealing with hardware
    thanks praetor
    at least i could play the training mission and that is better than nothing bye

Last edited: Oct 4, 2003
  2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

3. kurtslash

kurtslash Member

ok thanks i guess ill have to buy it
    i know this is a different ? but which is the best p2p now a days ...i think kazaa since i get 200 kb/sec and i think i find all my files needs there what u think?

thanks again praetor

4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

NewsBin Pro (for cable, dsl). You download much faster using this program, even on ole' lamo 56k dial-up! Take Preators advice and definatly upgrade your video card (nVidia Geforce). To those who have made posts to this thread: even though you can download pc game in file formats such as iso, bin&cue, this is no assurance that the file you're downlod is a "true image" of that pc game. People who share pc games on p2p clients (most of them) can't make a true backup so they "modify" the image by replacing the "original" game exe with a "crack no cd exe". Thus the case I recommend ya'll use CDMage and load file>explore the entire directory of the cd before you burn (or mount with a virtual stealth drive) . This way you know beforehand if you downloaded a "true" image or a "modified" (cracked) image. This can be very nerve racking for those who share SecuROM cd protected games because the image needs to be read with sub-q channel (data) and if it isn't, then chances are you're gonna encounter install\ply errors.
    No special read settings when reading the image of a Safedisc 2.x pc protected game, it's getting the backup to launch. Easy way to eliminate this is to own a "special" brand burner (2 sheep\efm encoding)=burn RAW DAO=play backup in a dvd\cd-rom, not the cd burner . Some "2 sheep brand" name burners:
    1) Plextor Premium (TLA#0002)<a must
    2) Asus 40\48\52x
    3) LiteOn 40\48\52x< preferably this model
    4) Memorex 52 MAXX
    5) Sony 48\52x
    6) Polaroid BurnMAX 40\48\52x

Recommended dvd burners for backing up Safedisc 2.9.x& SecuROM 4.8.3&up:
    1) Plextor PX-708A
    2) There is NONE other (at the moment)

Shoey :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2003
  5. kurtslash

kurtslash Member

thx shoey i just dl newsbin pro and i already have problems...
    i add 2 servers to it and a couple of groups but in my list of files does not appear nothing always stay clear abd the thing is that the group turns red and on the bottom says finished with groups ...what can i do? thanks for your help

6. Praetor

This is beginning to drift off into File-Sharing territory.... :)

7. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi all

not with me! just like shoey said! you may be downloading a lemon dressed as a banana? and when you bite it, it tastes like tripe and onions = YUK!

equation for this is:

Energy + Time = bang head against wall!

LOL

Thx...

8. epoxhead

epoxhead Member

Don't use the autoinstall but press with the right button on your cd-drive then explore. Copy all the files like this. When you copy cd2 it may still show error message. If you can't press ignore then cancel and look where did the copying stopped and just skip the files. After that install it from your HD and it should. With my, it still shows error message and returns to windows but just press the Splinter from toolbar and it returns. My no-cd patch didn't work so put cd3 in drive and choose cd3 in your HD and from there cracks and the shortcut.

9. Praetor

Yes that may be but the entire point of copying a cd for archival purposes is to make a perfect copy. Not to resort to noCDs and such.

10. Chipmunk

Chipmunk Member

I had CRC error with a few images i downloaded and burned with lite-on 52-32-52. I found that the problem can be fixed by lowering the write speed to 40x.

Can anyone name any good usenet servers?

11. Praetor

12. amerikaki

amerikaki Member

wudup?
    i tried to install splinter cell..... then i got some errors on the 1st disc... then i teied to delete the folder of splinter cell but i got another error: "folder blablabla is empty" and it wont remove it. wut do i do to remove it?