1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Split a DL DVD into two DVD's

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by ckwan, Aug 31, 2005.

1. ckwan

ckwan Member

Looking for a good and reliable program that can split a double layer DVD into two single layer DVD's keeping all menu's, extras,...with zero compression. Can anybody suggest one? Have already tried the trial versions of Intervideo Copy 3, DVDXPlatinum. Neither worked.

2. arniebear

arniebear Active member

3. ckwan

ckwan Member

Thanks for the Guide. I haven't downloaded the programs yet. But just one quick question before I do. How would the process be different if I use Clone DVD to copy a movie that is already on the hard drive?

4. arniebear

arniebear Active member

You would just open your file and proceed exactly the same way, there really is not difference. I use this process for movies ripped to my HDD with Decrypter all the time :)

5. ozzy214

ozzy214 Regular member

You can also use dvdfab platinum. I believe it can break copyright protection and rip right of the dvd. I havnt tried it, but it looked like a good proggy. You can google for it or ask and I will post the link. I just find easier personally just record the main movie to disk and dont worry bout extras or menu. I have a had a few like underworld where the best quality was leaving everything out and just recording the movie which came out to bout 85% quality with shrink.
    But look up that proggy and you should be happy. I think scuba pete has a guide bout it, but not sure. Hope this helps! :>

6. oracle

oracle Member

I' ve made a guide, but not published yet in AD yet, cause I saved it in .pdf format and I' m to lazy to forward it in AD. This guide is based on the free IFOedit app. If any body wants to try I can send it by e-mail.

7. na_tra

na_tra Member

@ckwan: you can also use Super DVD Copy to split.

8. ckwan

ckwan Member

@ckwan: you can also use Super DVD Copy to split.

Can you provide more details? Where do I go to get Super DVD Copy?

9. iggy1

iggy1 Guest

is there a way of having all special features on the first disk and the starting part of the movie, then when the first disk has finished so that you can just put in the second disk and have the second part start straight away without having to go through any menus.

10. ckwan

ckwan Member

I think Clone DVD should be able to do it. Unfortunately, my trial version has expired and I can't test it out. I am still trying to decide which to buy, Clone DVD or DVD Fab Platinum.