1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spliting mpg files

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Phones, Jun 30, 2002.

1. Phones

Phones Guest

hello i'm looking for a program so i could split my mpg files so i can burn them. I have tried DV-tool but when it make the 2 cd there are green dots and it make a lot of noice. Please help

best regards
    Phones
    denmark

2. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

TMPGEnc has an Mpeg split/merge feature.

3. Phones

Phones Guest

Dear Chriso123

Thank you very much!! i now split all my mpeg. But i still have one problem left:

I have tried to burn the mpeg files to VCD with nero, but my stand-alone DVD player (Sony DVP-536) woldn't play them. I have others VCD disc i hve got from friends and they works! is there a easy guide to burning VCD with Nero?

4. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

Last edited: Jul 4, 2002
  5. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

This is really strange, I have heard this lots of times, but I have tested 3 different standalone DVD players (Panasonic, Philips and Sony) with discs written at 8x from Nero, after following the article in afterdawn (Smartrip, DVD2AVI, TMPEnc and Nero) and I have never (touch wood) had a single disc error. maybe I'm just lucky. Sorry to hear you are having problems. It is possible that only that Sony you have is incompatible, there is a link on this here : http://www.vcdhelp.com/dvdplayers.php

Which has a list of compatible players, no matter how slow you burn, if yours is on the list, chances are it will never run.

Sorry, P.

6. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

I just had another thought, you must select, in the split and merge tab of the mpeg tools selector in TMPEnc, 'MPEG-1 VideoCD'. If you do not, the disc will play in more forgiving PC environment, but not on a Standalone.

Hope this helps.

P.

7. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

Yeah, I think that will probably make a big difference. Good luck!!!