1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

spliting my drive

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by Stillme, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Stillme

Stillme Guest

I have a new 200 gig hard but when installed it only reads 137 I would like to have two one hundred drives. How do I go about spliting tthis drive into two drives. can anyone tell me how to do this. thanks

2. sjb007

sjb007 Member

Howdy there, you havnt stated what your system specs are so im guessing here that you have windows XP installed without the SP2 Service pack. Earlier versions of XP are restricted to a max of 137gb Drive. Updating to SP2 should cure this problem.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2007
  3. Stillme

Stillme Guest

do you know were I can get windows 2000 service paks from? Thiswould help me out a lot.

4. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

5. Stillme

Stillme Guest

I have install win xp with sp2 and still my drive reads 137 instead of 200 in my control panel. i need to fix this problem, can anyone tell me how do I change my drive to read the 200 gig drive that is installed. Thanks

6. Rejected5

Rejected5 Member

to split the drive, boot windows from the CD and go through, but in the middle of the installation, it will ask you which drive to install on, you just highlight the drive and press d then enter to delete the partion(this removes all the data) then press C and assign 100gb and press enter, then you will See (Drive C: 100 Gb, then below it, Unpartioned space:100 gb) just press C and enter and there you go, and continue installing windows...