1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Splitting single DVD into two

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by trohoang, Mar 25, 2005.

1. trohoang

trohoang Member

My apology if this is not the correct forum.

I have a DVD that is 4 hours long with three directories, Video_TS, Audio_TS and Video_RM. I have tried using DVDshrink but it does not recognize the disk.

Is there a software that I can split the dvd into two separate dvds that are two hours in duration? BTW, what format uses video_rm directory?

Many thanks,

2. thugs121

thugs121 Regular member

Hi,

Check out this site:

http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/

Your could try CloneDVD2 to rip and transcode the movie onto one disc. There are other guides you can use to split the movie onto 2 discs. CloneDVD2 is not free, but it does work well. Keep in mind that you might lose the ability use a menu on the disc(s).

3. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

trohoang,
    I think the Video_RM is the format for the standalone DVD recorders. You might try deleting those files and see if Shrink recog. the files. If it does the transcode the disk to HD using no compression . Now go to bbmayo's site and follow the directions

The format you are talking about I think is Real Media

4. rhino351

rhino351 Regular member

try DVDdecrypter to put on hard drive and then use dvdfab(free) to split the movie into two files and then burn them if you dont still have to shrink them wich you shouldnt. here is the link for dvdfab http://www.mrbass.org/dvdfab/