1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Splitting twin sat cable

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by the4thearl, Jan 24, 2013.

1. the4thearl

the4thearl Member

Was wondering whether my set up will damage the receiver on my sat dish. I have bought a skybox f3 but the wife don't like anything new or techy and wants the normal sky had box she is used too. I have already utilised the spare two connections on the receiver to run twin cable to my daughters room. So basically where the twin cable comes into livingroom I have put a 2 way splitter on each cable and then ran a twin cable from sky hd box to each splitter and then a twin cable from skybox f3 to each splitter. They are splitters that allow dc current to pass the opposite way. They both seem to work independently and I switch between the boxes via the av button on my remote. My question is am I going to do any damage to the lnb/ receiver. I have left skybox f3 in standby at the moment and will prob only use it for sky movies, boxing and the football. Any advice appreciated

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum.

3. the4thearl

the4thearl Member

Thanks

4. cactikid

cactikid Active member

no dont split sat cable feed as you can damage receivers and lnbs as sat boxes input voltage through cables,best to get either a quad for 4 single feed boxes or 2 twin tuner boxes or go bigger an octo[8] for 8 single or 4 twin tuner boxes
    splitting sat feeds can reduce your signal and quality feed.