1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

splitting vcd

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by nazkmr, Mar 20, 2003.

1. nazkmr

nazkmr Guest

Hi I hope you can help me, I managed to copy a 1 hr 30 min dvd (lets call this file the big film) and I'm using CM's Digital Video Tool V0.31 to split the film into two mpeg files so that I can rip them on to two cd as watch them as vcd. When I split the big film(the original) into two chunks they both look the same i.e mpeg with a circle and a play sign. When I start to rip the first of the two chopped film,my cd writer tool allows me to drag the first chopped file into the copying area, it also show 'analysing' window and lets me rip it onto my cd and it plays ok on my home dvd player. When I try to drag the second file the writer softwate does not analys nor does it drag down so obviously it won't rip. I can rip the same file as data file but then it doesn't play on my dvd. Please tell me what am I doing wrong. Many Thanks

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Try TMPGEnc instead. Click File - mpeg tools and click the merge and cut tab!! then click add to add the mpg file, select it and click edit. you can now you the "{" button (start selection) and the "}" button (end selection) to make a selection of the mpg file, then click ok. browse for an area to save the file and change type to MPEG-1 Video CD. Do the same for the second selection!

3. FIXIT

FIXIT Regular member

You could also try the newest public release of DV tool which is 0.49, 0.31 is an old version,

4. nazkmr

nazkmr Guest

Thank you Dela for your suggestion, I was using TMPGEnc initially. When I chopped the film into two using tmpge it gave me two files which wasn't a mpeg file (the icon of the two files was square, not round with a triangle). My cd writet tool did not recognise them as mpeg and when you browse for an area to save, I don't get the option of changing the file type to 'mped-1', I think it just standard may be 'all'. Any suggestion

Thank you FIXIT, any idea where I can down load Dv tool 0.49 and will this cure my problem and is it free?
    Thank you

5. FIXIT

FIXIT Regular member

sounds like u used the demultiplex tab of tmpgenc not the merge and cut tab,
    as for dvtool 049 its available from here
    http://www.musclesoft.de/combatman/sindex.html
    yes it is free, there is also a later version 0.60 but this is for vip users which requires a small donation