1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Splitting woes...

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Nachojo, Nov 5, 2002.

1. Nachojo

Nachojo Member

I am a complete retard and have looked all over you site for a guide to help me. I have been having problems splitting an avi file using virtual dub (sound issues that I know you know about. I STILL haven't been able to fix mine.) I tried to use TMPG to switch it into an mpeg so I can use DVTool to split it (on someones recommendation from this site.) My problem is, I can't get my file to convert into a working file. It doesn't play on it's own and DVTool won't recognize it.
    All of your articles have sections on splitting after youu have ripped from DVD, but my file was downloaded and I can't figure out what to do. Can someone please help me or send me to a guide for this?
    My final outcome is a SVCD...

2. wonderboy

wonderboy Guest

it should work with dvtool.... but try to play your mpg with a dvd software like win dvd or powerdvd and see if the file plays.....Hummm rather weird cause I have made some pretty big svcds and split them into three with dvtool....do you know how to use dvtool? when you open it click on the tab that says File processor then choose ,split file next choose input(your mpg) file then on the right hand side it says offsets there should be arrows above the file size you want to click on these till you see the idicator move to the middle.. to split in half I guess in options I have sys heade checked and also duplicate checked.....then I click start and then about ten minutes later poof my Mpg is split in half ........

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2002
  3. Nachojo

Nachojo Member

I really appreciate your imput!! The major problem I have is the actual conversion from avi to mpeg. There is no instructions on how to do just this. It is mixed in with how to do it with DVD files. Is there an instuction sheet out there somewhere that will tell me how to convert my avi file to mpeg?