1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spoofing BenQ as Hitachi - HELP NEEDED!! :-)

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Rowley2k9, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rowley2k9

Rowley2k9 Member

Hi guys,

I'm use to fixing the Xbox 360's etc but i'm a noob when it comes to the modding scene. I have an xbox which i repaired but the DVD drive does not work in it no more. It is an Hitachi gdr3120 spoofed as a v79fl Hitachi (information from my friend). I want to buy a BenQ drive to replace it, and i understand you need to get the key and firmware etc from the hitachi to apply it to the benQ.

The problem i have is when i connect the drive to my PC via the PCI Sata Card 6421, i open jungleflasher and i cannot find my Xbox drive. I have done the necessary steps (installed windows service pack 2, port I/O) but still can not find it. The problem i have is when i select the ports nothing appears, however, on the last port it crashes my PC (monitor flashes out of range) so i have to restart my computer.

I even tried the Slax cd to put it in mode B, but the problem i have is when i click jungleflasher it crashes the PC again with the same error.

I am grateful to any help which you guys can give as i am now at a loose end!

Please help a noob lol!! I have followed the jungleflasher pdf guide etc already

Cheers,

Dave

2. Rowley2k9

Rowley2k9 Member

3. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Please look/post in the xbox 360 forum

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.