spyware starts when comp starts (keeps coming back!!!)

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by m4a1, Jun 29, 2004.

1. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

i dont know - but i havent seen and articles on those antivirus programs Having Flaws..

and its archives not achieves x2

yes the free version is good (the scanning engine isent diff) the only thing thats diff i believe are features, thats all - like it think email scanners etc

i have a 1100mhz comp cozza, and nortons absolute bollocks, i know thats not the best but its above the minimum requirements

you may deal wiht spyware and viruses everyday - but that doesent necessarily make u an expert alright?

2. cozza1987

cozza1987 Guest

im running it on all my comptuers here, the lowest being a 300MHz, 450mhz, 1.2GHz, 1.7GHz, 2.6GHz, and Nortons works perfectually, not hanging, or running slow.

Not once did i say i was an expert. And for the 3rd time From my own personal experience

Dont let this turn into a debate...

Regards
    CoZZa

3. daletom

daletom Member

Ok guys calm down.
    Jeanc1 I have been working on your suggestion I went to the web site read all the stuff and I wanted to be sure I was doing everything correct before I posted the hijack file. They seem to be pretty picky about doing things right. I have oen more program to download and run before I can post on that file. Each time someone responds I like to thank them and let them know I am willing to try anything to get this solved. Someone is right heck I don't know what I got I have so much. Like I said earlier in the post every scan I run turns up something different nothing with the same thing so I really don't know which way to turn.This is what I got a HP Media Center PC
    3.40ghz 250GBHDD,512MB PC3200DDR SDRAM beyond that I can't say because I just copied that from front of computer. I have NAV 2004,Spy Bot S&D, Adaware,Aluria's Spyware Elimator and cw shredder.Which after reading will have to downwload again. I also have scanned with Trend Micro and Pest Patrol. I still have one more to do and now after reading I will add the couple of others to the list. So far everything like I said has found something diferent on each one. Cw Shredder was the only one that said my system was clean.I know everybody has different opinions and I am trying to sort thru them all to come up with the best solution.Everybody has been most helpful and I do appreciate it just bear with me.I will try everything I can but I am new and I do get confused as you can very well tell.
    Again thanks
    daletom

4. daletom

daletom Member

One other thing if anyone can tell by the name of something if its sypware or adware. I can send that I have wrote down everything a scan finds especially if it says it can not get rid of it. I am pretty sure I have no virus.What really is confusing to me is that nothing seems to find the same thing.I must be doing something wrong to get so messed up in a short period of time.Thanks again
    daletom

5. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

yer, post the names of everything each program finds and we can hopefully tell you what it is and how to fix it, k?

Dean

Ps, CoZZa it may be from your personal experience - but to me (and a lot of people) even that site that mentioned that hole, norton is shit - [bold]from my personal experience[/bold] :D

get used to it

6. drchips

drchips Active member

Hmmmm,

Security holes in Norton's software...

Nice link to that site, -LoNeR-, but could I impose upon you to read that article again (with particular emphasis on the "flaws" in Norton Antivirus).

To the best of my knowledge the security alerts with Norton products were for the firewall and liveupdate (for the security products) modules, not the antivirus.

The article mentions antivirus as it is part of the Internet Security Suite, the antivirus itself was not affected by the flaw.

I would agree that Norton's firewall module (and their ilk) are not up to scratch.

But I would disagree with the statement that their antivirus is no good (I will admit that I don't think much of 2004/2005, too intrusive, but 2003 is stable and secure)

I have found Norton AV to be excellent, with the following proviso:
    use a firewall from a different manufacturer.

Personally I use Kerio.

The monolithic software route is fraught with problems
    - look at Windows/IE/Outlook Express for monolithic software with problems that stem from the level of integration/interdependance/monolithic nature...

Just my 2 cents worth

7. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

Hey,

Good points actually - lol, its from personal experience tho, whenever i install a norton product (norton GoBack, Norton internet Security, Norton Systemworks Pro etc etc)

my comp messes up, the boot time dramatically increases - it hogs my resources...

lol, norton really doesent like my comp

but i agree what you said about the firewall, i personally use zonealarm pro, but when i tried nortons - it was terrible, cut off my internet and everything - plus it made things really really slow..

so basicly i dont like norton :D

but..

i am not the only person with these feelings im sure

lol, everyone has there own personal opinions/advice

good post

Dean

8. cozza1987

cozza1987 Guest

:p, So.....

GoBack, its a pain in the #$@#@ and causes a few problems.
    It has to start up before windows, and runs with windows.
    That would be what your comptuer doesnt like.

EXACTLY!

Regards
    CoZZa

9. daletom

daletom Member

Ok I think I am ready. Today I have scanned my computer with everything everyone suggested I hope.Most of the stuff they would not clean or fix because it was free so here is where I stand.
    Trojan Hunter-none found
    Aluria Spyware Eliminator
    clearsear-a0003025.dll
    clear sear-a0003039.exe
    bargain b a0003037.exe
    bargain b a003032.exe
    vx2-a0003058.inf
    Webroot spy sweeper
    spyware found 1-adware found backweb
    traces found 797
    this one fixed most everything except the backweb and it said unless I was an advanced user not to check it. Did not know what to do about teh traces nor the backweb
    Ravantivirus
    backdoor:win32/ferat.1
    suspicious fiels 1
    infected files-0
    Pest Patrol
    unknown bho browser helper object
    cws.googleMS.2-hijacker
    claria-adware
    Norton
    msbb exe adware. ncase adware found local setting/temp/msbb.exe
    Trend Micro
    java femad-b
    java bytever.a-1
    Panda active scan 5.01
    must have cleaned because I have nothing wrote down.
    As you can see nothing found the same thing. At a loss as to what to buy or what to do next. Any help as always would be appreciated. If I should not have posted this I apologize. Please don't kick me off. Thanks
    daletom

10. m4a1

m4a1 Member

damm...havn't been back in my own thread in a while. Well thanks Loner for all the advice. I didnt think my thread would last up till now. Well i guess i just lived with the problem for now. Whenever i scan with spybot i always get 5 entries of DSO exploit. the file is some type of registry change. im guessing whenever i restart my comp, it'll com back. Well right now i have Norton Antivirus 2004 pro and Internet SEcurity Pro 2004. I dont think they have anything to do with the spybot issue im having. I reinstalled them about 2 times. im going to try to get a hold of pest partrol just to see if its better than spybot. in the mean time anymore suggestions.? =)

11. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

yes - BPS Spyware Adware Remover

PestPatrol

Registry Mechanic

they might help

12. m4a1

m4a1 Member

would you suggest keeping spybot?

13. cozza1987

cozza1987 Guest

Yes...

Personally i use Ad-aware, Spybot - Search and Destroy, and Webroot SpySweeper.

Ive used Registry Mechanic before, but didnt really like it.

Regards
    CoZZa

14. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

No, I Wouldent - personally i dont use SpyBot or any free tools because i find they either A, dont get updated enough - B, arent very good

here is a list of software that i use to sort out my computer

Bps Spyware Adware Remover v8.0 Build 10

PestPatrol Corporate v4.4.2.5

Your Uninstaller Pro 2004

WebRoots Window Washer v5.5

Registry Mechanic v3.0

Custom Start Up v3.0

System Mechanic v4 pro

McAfee Anti-Virus

lol, as you can see there are no freeware appz, not that i have anything against them in particular - there just not to my taste ;D

15. m4a1

m4a1 Member

but then it's kind of ironic though since those kind of programs arn't suppose to be free, they actually are on all those p2p programs (EXCLUDDING KAZAA). Well, ill try to get my hands on pest patrol. Doesn't PestPatrol Coporate edition already handle the things that BPS spyware adware remover find, so all you really need is PestPatrol besides BPS?

Thanks very much -LoNeR-. gotta give some props.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2004
  16. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

lol, well thank you very much - but

no it doesent find what the other program (BPS) does, they both find different things, which is better ;D

what do you mean by that? :S

but those programs i have work very well together - they rid my computer of everything that could possibly sneak on it, well - they have so far...

hows your prob going? - still got spyware AND adware?

Could you possibly list all of them here?

17. m4a1

m4a1 Member

ok ill list them..hmph gonna take a while.
    [bold]PEST NAME[/bold]
    Bargain Buddy
    Bonzai Buddy
    Bridge
    VirtuMonde
    Delfin Viewer Directory
    StartBlaster Directory
    StartBlaster?
    NetSpry
    Unknown BHO
    Illusion flood
    Aet_network_scanner10
    IST bar

those are all the different pests that came up but there was more than 1 for a few of those pests that appeared.

btw..can you tell me your settings for registry mechanic. the first time i scanned it i had about 600problems at that time. like should i have it repair the problems automatically and make a back up of the files before repairing..blah blah blah.

and for your signiture "same shit different day" that's how life really is for me at this point of time. i've gotten use to it. dam school is repetative.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2004
  18. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

lol, i know what you mean dude

but most of them are adware, and Petty Trojan type programs that dont actually work - lol

BPS - Will most likely get rid off all of them

then pest patrol will get rid of the rest

then registry mechanic will clean up all of the loose bits, lol

settings for reg mechanic v3.0? - automatically make a backup & scan files for suggested correction

hopefully those programs in that order, will rid you of yo troubles ;D

19. m4a1

m4a1 Member

does anyone know a good trojan remover program just to be safe. i cant find bps anywhere becuase they said it was some ripp-off from lavasoft. ive tried trojan defense suit tds but that things is confusing as hell and i dont wanna screw up my registry with that thing. Does ad aware pro help remove trojans?
    any suggestions on what is good out there.

20. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

BPS Spyware Adware Remover - Is NOT some rip off from that shit adaware, its much better program

Trojan hunter - is THE best trojan scanner i know of, thats a specific program just for Trojan scanners

Trojan Hunter = http://www.trojanhunter.com/

BPS Spyware Remover = http://www.bulletproofsoft.com/

Both Very Good Programs