1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Squeezing Goodfellas to 1 disc

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by allin, Apr 12, 2003.

1. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Oh dear, he's back and with vengeance. Just looking at that gun puts the sh*ts in me. ;-)

How was the old Czech republic. Anything exiting happening? Oh, i guess you should probably close the thread anyway, it got a bit off topic

Chris

2. PsychDave

PsychDave Member

Interesting thread! If anyone has the use of DVD Author, then that's the easiest way to join double sided discs.
    Once you've ripped the disc, start DVD Author, use "Add DVD Video" to import both sides. The program should automatically detect all chapter points. If you so desire you can create menus.
    Output the project to your folder. You'll get a warning saying that this project exceeds the limit of a DVDR. Press ignore.
    Once this file has been created, run it through DVD2One, or similar program. Bob's your uncle.
    This has worked for me on my few flippers: Armageddon, The Rock & Goodfellas.
    Hope this helps.

3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yeah, but that doesn't work for some people. That is why the thread is here. Sometimes the VOB's have to be renamed and other things have to be taken into consideration. Using just DVD Author has caused a lot of people problems when playing back

Chris

4. train

train Member

Hey PsychDave,
    I like your way of getting it done SOFTWARE.
    If you need information on the ifo-edit, vob-edit, smartripper, DVD2one, and so forth here is a link that is a TALK through on most mentioned/used programs here.

http://www.dvd2dvdr.com/index.htm

Anyone, I would suggest viewing this first so as to understand the various programs (unless you are already proficient at them). It is still a nice place to go and get a refresher on them once in awhile. (It has been there for quite some time and is known to most of these folks.) (I Think??)
    Then read what has been posted here on how to get a Double/Flipper onto a single sided DVD. There are some VERY good ways to do it located here on this thread.

Now my way is a little different.
    It's all in how you get from here to there.

As PsychDave, I use software that does alot of the work for me. Then, as the gaffer, I cut out logos, change some stuff around and then let the software, I am capturing with and editing with, do the burning on a single sided DVD. But like most movies they must go to the HD first, becouse of size, and then throu DVD2one onto a SS-DVD.

But folks, if you want to rip-it, re-name it, shuffle and stack it, then just look at the beginning to the end of this thread. Then, try some of the ways shown. One of them WILL work for you I am sure. (Some coasters will be made of course.) (But what the hey..)

Anyway, hope this is a help to you. Have Fun!!

They LOVE me here! I show up and everyone posts. :)0 Whoo Hoo

>>There are no knowns! There are things we know that we know..<<
    http://www.2600.gov@207.99.30.232/____X_X_X_X_X_[small]dtrain[/small]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2003
  5. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Nice to have you back train, dont be a stranger for too long, its a bit of fun argueing with you. Take it all light heartedly though ;-) also, the link you provided at the bottom of the page doesnt work.