1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.SRT On DVP642

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by Eazyduzit, May 30, 2006.

1. Eazyduzit

Eazyduzit Regular member

i have an avi file and a srt subtitle for that movie it plays fine with subs on my comp but when i burn it to a cd and play it on my dvp642 the subs dont show up

any help

thanks

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

I know the dvp642 is basically crap, but I thought it did support external srt's? Are they named the same? Check that the srt is ANSI and not unicode or UTF-8.

3. dvsdmn

dvsdmn Member

I hope the following instructions are helpful.

Put both the movie (.avi) & subtitle (.srt) files in the same location on your computer.

Rename the files so that they have the exact same name except for the extensions. (Example: fAvorIte_MoVie.avi & fAvorIte_MoVie.srt)

Download and install ConvertXtoDVD available here: http://www.vso-software.fr/download.php, or check your favorite bit torrent site.

Open ConvertXtoDVD and add the video file to be converted and burned to DVD. To do this click File > Add video file.

Click the “+” sign next to the video title to expand the tree and you will see a directory named ‘Subtitles’. This directory will list the number of subtitle streams associated with the video file “Subtitle (_ stream)”. To view the subtitle streams, click the “+” sign to expand the tree; they will be listed here.

If no subtitle streams are shown “Subtitle (0 stream)”, ensure the movie and subtitle files have the exact same name, except for the file extensions. (Example: fAvorIte_MoVie.avi & fAvorIte_MoVie.srt). Then right click “Subtitle (0 stream)” and chose “Add Subtitle Channel”, to manually add the subtitle file. To change the subtitle options, right click “Subtitle (_ stream)” and chose “subtitle Options…”

To edit the font or other characteristics of the subtitles, right click on the subtitle stream and select “Edit Subtitles” or “Change settings for this subtitle”.

Check the settings to ensure they are correct and click “Convert” in the main window. The video file will be converted and burned.

Directions found in part here:
    http://www.vso-software.fr/faq/add_subtitles_to_dvd/add_subtitles_to_dvd.php

Last edited: May 31, 2006
  4. Eazyduzit

Eazyduzit Regular member

OK i found an easier way. If you have the DVP642 burn the movie and the srt as data on the same CD and name the the exact same. Start the DVD player on the title menu hit the "subtitle" button on the remote it will say subtitle turned on and play the movie u get white subs.

peace

5. the_jaxx

the_jaxx Member

Will this work with multiple avi & .srt's on one dvd?