1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stable Version of Nero

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by rolanddes, May 2, 2007.

1. rolanddes

rolanddes Member

Hi

Even though I have not changed my media (Philips) or version of Nero (7.5.7.0) today I started having "Unable to recover TOC" error and ruined a few dvds. I checked DMA, restored my system with Norton Ghost (In case something that I cannot predict happeded to my system) and I kept having the same error. But I can not give you the log file because after Nero failed to burn the dvd and ejected it, it stopped responding. That led me to terminate the application so Nero could not create a log file.

I tried using "Oront Burning Kit". I was successfull but it used %99 of my cpu while burning. I searced the Internet and found out huge cpu usage of theis software was a known issue. Anyway its success made me think that there was something wrong about Nero itself. So I uninstalled 7.5.7.0 version then used cleaning tool. Then installed 7.0.8.2 version which seemingly solved my problem. Because now I can burn dvds without failure but it is relatively slow.

Finally My question is "Is there an old stable Nero version which is not bloated like 700 mb and can burn dvds without failing and without freezing in not respong mode?"

Thanks..

2. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

For the burn log you can check here
    C:/program files/Nero/Nero7/Core
    Look for the nerohistroy.txt file

Have you checked your DMA

As far as nero 6 versions 6.0.0.18 was the most stable
    as far as nero 7 im not sure, im using the latest with no problems,
    wait for gwendolin or other members to comment on nero 7 versions

BTW you can choose to only install specific componets of nero(like burning rom or express) when installing by choosing custom install.

One last thing,
    even know you havent changed the brand name that doesn't mean the manufacturer hasn't changed.
    Phillips around here is not considered to be high compatibility media
    verbatim and taiyo yuden are

edit-spelling of course

Last edited: May 2, 2007
  3. rolanddes

rolanddes Member

I checked C:/program files/Nero/Nero7/Core when I first encountered this problem and there was no nerohistroy.txt or log.txt there. I think Nero did not even have a chance to create one before freezing.

Dma was on.

What I meant by not changing Philips was that I was still using the same box of dvds :) Even though verbatim is considered to be best, it is not compitable with my dvd burner. Neither is Iomega and DMS. Oddly I can only burn on Philips and Sony.

I will try 6.6.0.18 but I am still open to suggestions.

Thank You very much 300bowler by the way..