1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stand Alone CD Recorder

Discussion in 'Audio' started by limelight, Feb 6, 2005.

1. limelight

limelight Regular member

I have an older Koss CDR200 i bought a few years back. I used it for a while to create cd's from my digital 8 track recorder. Back in the day, it required discs that say "Compact Discs Digital Audio Recordable". Since that time, ive used different cd brands with my pc writer with ease.
    Now im getting back into recording songs again, and when i use a different brand other from what i used to use (which by the way, i have a few blank ones lying around, but i cant find in stores anymore), it seems like it writes the track fine, but after i finalize it, the tracks play jittery or sometimes not at all. I dont get it. It says the same thing (digital audio) on the CD's as i use to use, plus, the ones i use now are name brand cd-r's, not no-name cd-r's that originally worked with the recorder. Any help on this would be great. Thanks.

2. diabolos

diabolos Guest

What "namebrands" are you using? It sounds like either your Koss system is going-out or you got some busted CD-R media. The people in the CD-R media forum might have a thing or two too say about CD-R media!

Have you tried some of the NEWER discs on another CD burner?
    Ced

3. Veblin

Veblin Active member

4. limelight

limelight Regular member

the original media i used were offbrand "teon" discs. those worked fine. since then ive used memorex discs in my pc, and thought, since these say "digital audio" on them as well, i could use em in my standalone too. it'll record on them, but on playback, its jittery and sometimes wont even play or recognize the disc.