1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stand-alone DVD player ejects VCD.... Why?

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by fraps, May 28, 2003.

1. fraps

fraps Member

I have a Pioneer DV-433M stand-alone player.

For some reason it has stopped playing all VCDs, even the ones it was playing fine previously. When i insert any VCD, it makes loud reading sounds for about a minute then ejects the CD.

All problems started after I inserted a CD, which I later found out to be an AVI instead of a VCD. Why would that affect the player though?

Any help would be appreciated as I cannot find a solution on-line anywere. Also my player warranty has run out, haha.

Thanks.

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

hmmmmmm thats very odd, sounds like your dvd player didnt like the data on the disk with the avi lol. have you tried to contact tech support?

3. fraps

fraps Member

Yeh I called tech support and they tell me the most likely problem is that the VCD laser burnt out trying to read the AVI, and as it uses 2 lasers my DVDs still play.

Im going to have to get it repaired... the quote fee alone is $44, I hope it doesnt end up being too much.

Funny how all this happened a couple of months after warranty expires.... oh well.

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Imagine that? data ruining your VCD laser, lol