1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stand alone player not working

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by kcs91302, Sep 30, 2003.

1. kcs91302

kcs91302 Guest

I just bought a Sony that plays DVD + R's. It just won't play mine. I use DVD Shrink and save it to a VIDEO_TS file. I then use Roxio 6.0 to burn it as a Data File. It works fine on my computer DVD player but not on the Sony. HELP!!

Kevin

2. revsitup

revsitup Member

Well it could be that your using DVD+R disc, they work for about 81% of standalone DVD players, DVD-R work with about 96% of dvd players, I have a Sony and I'm using CompUsa DVD-R X1 speed they work on all three of mine dvd players from Sony, Apex, Minutek

3. revsitup

revsitup Member

Also Roxio 6 is not the greatest burner program, try Nero 5.5.10. or ver. 6, but first tell me what disc your using, please send private message so i can get your answer

4. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Well if you are using Dvd Shrink correctly (looks like it) we can assume you have a dvd compliant set of files in the correct place in order to burn....

I would hazard a guess that it is either, the brand of +r media you are using or down to Roxio.

I have had no experience with Roxio, so the cheapest way would be to try a different brand of +r media, maybe some memorex.....

Or try an alternative burning program such as Recordnow available as a full trial via http://www.chrismccann.co.uk, also a full guide on how is there.....

Or as revsitup suggested - Nero, available from http://www.ahead.com - trial only.

Maybe someone else, who has had some experince with Roxio could jump in here and go through some settings etc.....

Just for the record, I have not experienced ANY Sony or Pioneer that cannot play a +r dvd (brand dependent and burning proggy used of course).....

Hope this helps.....a little_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Beware of the Pixies - they move in over night and turn your life upside down

[/small]

Last edited: Oct 3, 2003
  5. toofer

toofer Member

If I understood this right you have told us your brand of stand-alone dvd player and not your dvd writer. These must both match either + or -. If you go to your writers website they usually post compatible dvd stand-alone players.