1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

standalone dvd player help

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by suth100, Oct 30, 2003.

1. suth100

suth100 Member

My dvd-r and dvd-rw don't play in my standalone dvd player. Its a Sony DVP-NS930 its brand new and the manual says it should play them!

I made a something about mary dvd-rw and dvd-r with smartripper, then dvd2one and then record now dx. They work fine on my pc, but i want them to work on my standalone what am i doing wrong!

2. yuedana

yuedana Regular member

Is the file structure correct on the burnt dvds. The vob, ifo, and bup files should be in a VIDEO_TS folder on the burnt dvd.

3. suth100

suth100 Member

Since posting the message i have tried the dvd-r in a teac refrence 350 dvd player and it plays! However this doesn't help me! does this meen its a hardware problem with the sony dvd player, and should i look at buying a cheep dvd player that can play my backups

PS The Sony cost £249 so i'm pissed

4. koola

koola Guest

Its always the expensive ones! Your probs better getting a cheap player which will play nearly all DVD -/+ backups.

You would think that the expensive ones would play them all! I konw that your pissed coz I did the same thing, bad luck mate!