1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Standby and hibernation problems

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by dcity, Jun 22, 2007.

1. dcity

dcity Member

Hi. I am having a problem with my computers standby and hibernation functions. It all started when I decided to try and emulate mac os 6 with Softmac, and i think when it was setting up, a window came up saying somthing that while in the emulation proccess that it will disable the standby and hibernation. I'm pretty sure that i have done somthing wrong there, becouse now when i select the "turn off computer" button from the start menu, the three icons appear saying standby, shutdown, and restart, but the standby button is blank and doesnt do anything when clicked. This all happened on my ACER Aspire laptop, and when i close the screen it is supposed to go into standby automaticaly, but instead the screen turnes off, but the computer is still in narmal mode. Please help me with this problem.

2. 56delray

56delray Regular member

3. dcity

dcity Member

I folowed the instuctions in both of the links, but not evan that could fix my problem :-( thanks anyway!

4. dcity

dcity Member

YaY i went over them instructions in one of them links that was posted earlier, and found the problem.

I typed sigverif into run, and searched for unsignitured files in windows/system32/drivers. and i just picked out evry file that appeared in a list, i restarted and i was relieved to see the standby had appeared back to normall.

I had found the kulprit that caused my acer aspire laptop to disable its standby functions, it was a file called GEM98, which was created accidently wen I was using the Gemulator emulator software, which needed to disable standby to emulate mac os 6 without any disterbance, I think anyway. (just for anybody with the same problem, to look out for this file if you had used gemulator previously.)

Thanks for your halp with this 56delray!

5. 56delray

56delray Regular member

Glad u fix it. Good luck. later......