1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STANDBYING

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by hmp007, Jul 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hmp007

hmp007 Guest

when i try to open up dothalo or h2x programs it wont let me....y?

2. ViPRancid

ViPRancid Member

Yeah

Last edited: Jul 29, 2006
  3. FuZ3

FuZ3 Regular member

You need to install .Net Framework 2.0

4. hmp007

hmp007 Guest

i have multiple times but they still dont work

5. DanandJen

DanandJen Regular member

I usually don't reply in these sort of threads and posts but I couldn't help but add my 2 cents. Modding is modding, plain and simple. Mods are an extention of the game and yes they can ruin the experience for everyone. Mods will never go away, nor would I stop someone for being able to work around physics and other code to manipulate or improve gaming experiences. But I do however do not like it when people use mods on dedicated servers used by the public (xbox live) to either prank or try to act superior. Besides, I have faced plenty of people modding the hell out of themselves and I still whooped about 90% of the opponents. Now that is hilarious!! Players who suck even with mods! Man I would hate to see how bad most people suck without the mods! I mean c'mon...even when you face an obvious modder, you still earn pretty damn close rank by the end of the match, that is if you are skilled at all. And no I do not mod any maps. Never have and I never will. Us 2old2play guys keep it real!Why is this thread still open anyway? Hey Nephilim, how about giving us some closure!

6. nckspec

nckspec Regular member

You know your right but I only like mods to make the game better for everyone. Like the containment racetrack it adds a whole new experience to the game. That everyone loves. Instead of making matchmaking mods why don't people do that.

7. FuZ3

FuZ3 Regular member

I don't know. But i do use mods on dedicated servers only on Xlink Kai. But some people don't and that ruins XBox Live, which I do own.

8. handsom

handsom Regular member

Well, it depends on the mods being used, things like the racetrack mod are awesome. Things like autoaim are not. And really, if someone's using an autoaim mod, it doesn't matter how good you are, you lose. That and people using mods that (From another user's perspective) allow them to go nonexistent places, etc, and access things other users cannot, are cheating everyone (Themselves included) out of a lot of fun.

And I want to clarify, "Mods are Mods" is a false statement. Absolutely false. You might as well say that religious beliefs are all the same, or that people are all the same. They are all completely different, they all serve completely different purposes. And many of them aren't even on the software end at all.

Even in the case of software mods. They are all different, allowing completely different things, some great, some awful. No two mods are the same beast, and they should not be classified as such. It is simply up to the discression of the user, to make sure they utilize them in a proper, friendly, and fair manner. Hopefully, that will become a trend.

9. FuZ3

FuZ3 Regular member

Couldn't have said it better myself.

10. hmp007

hmp007 Guest

well can somebody tell me what i have to do to play mods that i have downloaded on a map cause i have aplied a .ppf patch to turf but i can only play this one mod so what do i do so that i can make it to play any mod that i download on any new map???

11. DanandJen

DanandJen Regular member

If someone is going to quote me make sure you get the interpretation of the statement correct. The statement was "modding is modding", meaning modding being any variation or disruption in original programming code or graphics etc... And your statement that all religions are different....yes they are but they have the same key fundamentals and basic belief.....a god. And people are the same in basic structure. Next time before you go off on a rant Handsom, clarify which aspect of differentials you are talking about. We all have the same amount of bones, organs, etc... except for those damn circus freaks and mimes! But this thread is not about beliefs or religion it's about standbying...which is gay! And yes mods that don't hurt gameplay or favor a certain party I would condone use of. Mod on everyone!

12. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

this one's run it's course.
    no cheating.
    thread closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.