1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star view digi box

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by alanom, Nov 25, 2007.

1. alanom

alanom Member

I have a starview digital receiver, it seems to be set up for cable networks. Can it be used for a free to air dish network.My dish is at 28.2, however on the installation settings under parental control/1570. Dish Network:I am lost. The settings are listed thus:
    Provider ID:
    Key Number:
    Key Data:
    How do I get this info.
    Many Thanks
    Alan

2. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

Hi Alan
    I doubt this receiver is able to receive satellite AFAIK the Starview is a cable only box unless anyone can verify otherwise. The entry fields you have are for Cable provider and keys. Are you sure it says 'Dish Network'? Thats whats confusing me at present.
    jbvid

3. alanom

alanom Member

Thanks for quick reply jbvid. It Definatly says dish network along with a larger list than the main 4 or so providers(ntl,c+w etc) however when I try to save using ok button it just flashes but does not save.
    Alanom

4. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

Hi Alan
    You have me intrigued me now, like you say the providers you mentioned are the cable suppliers 6 in all. If I goto Main Menu/Installation all I have is 3 options 1 = Cable Network,(With 6 different Cable providers)2 = Auto Scan and 3 = Manual Scan.
    Has it got 'F' connectors at rear or standard type aerial sockets?
    It must have some different software installed, Can you goto Menu/ System Setup/System Information and tell me what it says for the software version?
    jbvid

5. cactikid

cactikid Active member

3 boxes on market dvb/c work only on cable,strange digital sat receiver on cover of box!
    dvb/s sat box only.
    dvb/t terrestial and mmds only
    if u want to use dish network u need a sat box [ dead cable ] as dvb/c has live cable

6. alanom

alanom Member

Hi jbvid.The connectors are standard co axial, It appears to be ver:3,boot ver:7
    I understand it is useless for dish network,however it was worth a try,many thanks
    al

7. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

Hi
    If it is cable box it may be worth flashing with the later firmware if you have cable connection. If not flash it and sell it. Software and how too in link below.
    http://eko.4shared.com
    jbvid

8. cactikid

cactikid Active member

vers 300 on starviews crap,bad or scramble message comes up a lot,upgrade to vers 400 for original box.