1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star View for Chours ?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Samb07, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Samb07

Samb07 Member

Can any one let me know if a starview box will work on the chours network in ireland ?

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

On true cable it will on MMDS it wont. True cable is direct cable into your house, MMDS is fed from an aerial on the top of your house.

There is a DVB-T version of the Starview coming soon for C***** MMDS.

3. Samb07

Samb07 Member

Thanks for the reply Sc0user.

I belive it is true cable.I have my own starview box in Dublin running on NTL ,it is running version 4.7 and works fine .Flashed it back to factory settings about two weeks ago and did a auto scan and has pulled in 140 odd channels .I am looking into the courus box for a friend ,if i by a new starview box is it difficult to set it up for courus ? I work with computers so know my way around ?

4. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Sorry for butting in , but can you check the system info again as I havent heard of v4.7

It might be API ver 4.00 and Boot ver 7.0 ?

5. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Aha another new version we havent seen, lol only joking, I think it was a typo Celt :)

Regarding C***** set up on true cable yes it is easy to setup, especially if you have "The Box", with version 4.5 on it.

6. Samb07

Samb07 Member

No problem .
    yes your right v4.0 and boot ver 7 .

7. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

ha ha just double checking as you never know these days , stranger things has happened

8. Samb07

Samb07 Member

any ideas were i can get Ver .4.5 guys ...

9. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

It is on the link Eamos library at the bottom of my post, but remember this is only for "the box", (Starview 2) and not an original Starview.

10. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

4.5 is for "THE B0X" and you can get it in Eamo's site , the link is at the bottom of my post

11. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

lol Scouser ... Ok im going now ha ha

12. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Now he has it twice :)

13. Samb07

Samb07 Member

Thanks to both of you .

14. countys32

countys32 Member

ok there is no info on this thread about starviews and the Chorus network, the topic makes a suggestion but then not one peice of usefull info on said topic, come on people if u want to talk crap do it somewhere else this is in information sharing thread not the school play ground.
    Can we please get a thread going which is dedicated to starview and chorus in ireland, theres so many people looking for info but there is very little around has anyone managed to get a starview to work in dublin on the chorus network and if so how in the hell did they do it, pls dont say yeh its possible and then not say how, please post any info on this subject, any info please

15. myloyams

myloyams Regular member

Countys32, the best way for YOU to get all the channels that ch0*us has to offer, is to subscribe to the full package that they offer.
    If thats not an option for YOU, then try using the search function of these forums. All the info YOU need is posted already, but it's not gonna just jump out of the screen at ya. YOU have to look for it, it's posted on numerous pages here. Good Luck !

16. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

As Mylo has pointed out, we have posted numerous responses to this question so please use the search button.

Here is a helpful link for you regarding the setting up of threads. This will help you decide how to make useful posts, as we help numerous people out on multiple queries, we dont just talk as you say crap.

Follow this link: http://www.starterupsteve.com/swf/posting.html

Oh and by the way we do know how to get the Starview to work on the C***** in Dublin, but asking this way I dont think you will get many answers.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2007
  17. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

You obliviously dont know what you are talking about as there is no C**** network in Dublin and yes the Starviews do work on the C***** network in the country areas only on cable as i have mine working but for the way you abuse people here will get you know where as i said all the information is freely available on lots of threads it is up to you to look for it you dont want us to spoon feed you as well or maybe set the whole system up for you and by the way the people on here do there best for FREE and do not get anything in return so please do not abuse as for the help you will be left wanting as far as i am concerned bad attitude get you know where maybe you will learn your lesson

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2007
  18. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Well said lads :)