1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star view new starter

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by CarlRoper, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Deffo sounds like the rs232 cable and not the NULL MODEM CABLE

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Cheers Celt :) Listen have to fly will be back tomorrow hopefully and I will speak to you then, so on that note have a goodnight and cya soon :)

3. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

No problem , take care and see ya soon :) :)

4. CarlRoper

CarlRoper Member

Hi. been to 3 different suppliers today and they all advise that the cable I have is a null modem. Only maplins could suggest anything and they thought the driver for the usb to serial connector should be reloaded with the device already connected to stimulate the pc to search which I have done again with no discernable impact.Maplins also offered an alternative usb connector which I assume will have a different driver. I'm loading this now and will advise

5. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

The most common issue when installing the USB adapter and driver is selecting the correct port for your map software to recognize.

You must make sure your particular software is looking on the correct port for it to transfer any data.

To see which port your USB adapter is connected to, connect your USB adapter and follow the following instructions:

1. Go to the Start Menu
    2. Right click on "My Computer"
    3. Select "Properties"
    4. Click on the "Hardware" tab
    5. Click on "Device Manager"
    6. Click the + sign next to "Ports (COM & LPT)"
    7. One of the listed ports should indicate which port your USB adapter is connected to (e.g. COM1, COM2, COM3, etc.)
    8. Go back to your map software program that you use to transfer data and make sure it is looking at the correct port.
    9. You should be able to transfer data once the correct port is selected

If you need drivers go here

http://www.gilsson.com/usb_drivers_download.htm

6. CarlRoper

CarlRoper Member

Thanks Celtic, you have hit on something here. The device manager indicates Coms 5 but the Rom loader is only offering Coms 1 to 4.

7. CarlRoper

CarlRoper Member

I've now tried all the other USB ports and I get anything up to coms 11 other than coms 1 to 4

8. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Follow my advice to step 7. Locate your USB converter (port 11 as you said. )

Right click on that port and select properties. Then select port settings, then select advanced. At the bottom of that tab will be a drop down box with the port selected (port 10 in your case). Use the drop down to select another port (eg 1, 2 or 3). If the port you want to use is already allocated to something else, you can use the same procedure to reassign that port after you have finished.
    Save the selections in the usual way. The USB converter will be permanently assigned to the port you selected.

9. CarlRoper

CarlRoper Member

If you guys are ever anywhere near Derby there is someone here who would like to buy you a drink. You have been fantastically supportive and very patient with somone who's IT skills are very limited. You may gather from this note that Celtics help re-allocating the coms ports resulted in sucessful download and the downloaded cable box guide walked me in from there. A really big thank you to you both.

10. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Yayyyyyyyyyyyy , Glad you got it sorted Carl and thank you for the kind words :)

11. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Good to see you got it Carl :) As Celt takes a bow :)

12. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

You thought me everything I know ha ha , so you take a bow too lol

13. CarlRoper

CarlRoper Member

Hi guys, sorry to be disturbing you again but as of last Tuesday all S*y channels have become scrambled and I don't seem to have the wherewithall to sort it out on my own.Whatever it is , it is not effecting any of the other programmes . I've checked that the EMU is still on and re-auto scanned to no effect. I'm on TW cable in the Derby area. Firmware version is as per our earlier discussions
    Any advice please?

14. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Have you tried a factory reset first and then an autoscan, this will find all channels that have changed frequencies, but will have to sort them again.Also make sure you turn your key emu back on.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2008
  15. CarlRoper

CarlRoper Member

Sorted me again. Many thanks

16. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

No problem :)

17. CarlRoper

CarlRoper Member

Just a quick enquiry. After I've run factory set up and auto scanned I'm still missing some S*y channels ie Cassics, comedy, drama, family, action thriller and indie. Do I just keep re running auto scan or is there a way to search for specific channels, either via manual scan or possibly ' nagravision' which I must admit I know absolutely nothing about.The channels arn't scrambled they just are not being presented.

18. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Have you done as I said above, i.e. factory reset, (turn off the box for a minute from back switch, then turn back on again), go through installation routine again.

19. CarlRoper

CarlRoper Member

Hi guys,
    I've had some trouble with my hardware and had to return it to Wizard. Rather than repair they have sent me a new box which is The box super ( st*r view 3 ). Do I just go through the previous process or will I need a different version of the software. Many thanks for your support

20. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Hi Carl,

You need to use the latest firmware 7.05 for the SV3. You will find it in Eamos FTA Library at the bottom of my post.

It is in UFL format meaning that the firmware and loader are all in one file. Just hit download and it will do the job for you.

Then turn your key emu on by menu, type 1570, turn it on. Exit out and put it on Sly Sports to update.......thats it.