1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star Wars 3

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by j_torres, Oct 31, 2005.

1. j_torres

j_torres Regular member

Anyone burn this movie yet? If you have what programs did you use?

Getting it Wednesday and was just wondering??

Last edited: Oct 31, 2005
  2. nino23

nino23 Member

I successfully burned a copy friday. I used DVD decrypter and DVD shrink. I burned it at 2x with no problems at all. Just a heads up, you will have to reauthor the movie unless you have double layered discs because disc 1 has 3 versions of the movie(main, angle 2, angle 3) you just need the main movie which is named Title 1. I hope this helps.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2005
  3. Deline

Deline Regular member

I backed it up with just DVD Shrink no prob at all. Haven't done disc 2 (Extra Features) yet but i'm guessing it should work out fine.

4. seandesad

seandesad Guest

same here shrink and anydvd worked just fine.

5. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I did mine just like nino23. Re-authored main movie 1,edit out ending crap and no need for anydvd to be activated on this one. Just like 95% of my backups,nero and dvd shrink only! Nothing special on my region 1 copy.

6. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Did a dual layer with Decrypter iso read, then open mds, and iso write. Came out perfect using Verb +R dual layer.

7. Whisperer

Whisperer Regular member

nino23,
    My copy of Episode III hasn't shown up from Amazon yet!

But guess what nino23?
    Just like the other two prequels to the original Star Wars, I'm sure that there are not three different versions of the movie on the disk. That much data could not fit onto a single original.

The explaination for the 2cnd & 3rd "versions" is that they are two other "Writen" language TS's to provide the rolling-text (probably French and Spanish) that scrolls and disappears into space at the opening sequence of the movie. Those title sets then cut out and TS1 is what is actually playing from there on.

BUT because TS2 & TS3 are linked via "angle" to TS1, they readout as the full GB size-count of the movie.

The DVD is authored to send certain, "choice" commands to your player based what is selected in the set-up menu on the DVD. The way it works is that if a Frenchman chooses the French soundtrack from the movie's setup menu, a command is sent to the DVD player to play, say, TS2 so he can read the scrolling starwars text in his native language. After the rolling-text plays-out, the DVD player is then commanded to swich back to TS1 which is the real-and-only TS which is actually a full movie titleset. And, of course, the French sound track plays for the French viewer from there on.

You can even watch how it happens, as I remember from I & II, if you use the on-screen display of your player to display what TS is being played. Before starting the movie, choose another language from set-up. Then play the movie from the start. Your on-screen display shows that either TS2 or TS3 playing. Then when the other-language scrolling-text opening scene ends, you will see your on-screen display switch to show that it is TS1 playing from there on.

Cool ya?

But even without my long expaination, nino23's solution is the correct one no matter what backup software you use. Just keep TS1 and uncheck TS2 & TS3. BTW I like CloneDVD with AnyDVD and I split to keep 0% compression, 100% quality.

Whisperer

Last edited: Nov 1, 2005
  8. sugarcube

sugarcube Member

Out of curiosity, what does the compression come to with the entire movie (credits included), one audio track, and one English subtitle track?

9. Whisperer

Whisperer Regular member

sugarcube,
    I'm sure someone who has the movie at hand will post you a number.

I don't have my copy of III yet so I can't give you a %. But it would have to be unacceptable quality loss for anyone with an HDTV, progressive scan output home entertainment rig. The authoring bitrate on the other Star Wars disks made for a very high quality image on a good rig. Meaning even the movie-only requires alot of data space. I would split or DL.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2005
  10. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

heres what the dvd looks like

Media is a Data DVD.
    Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)

Video DVD (or CD) label: CHARLOTTE_DISC1_4X3
    Media is CSS protected!
    Video Standard: NTSC
    Media is locked to region(s): 1!

Found & removed RCE protection!
    DVD structure appears to be correct.
    Structural copy protection not found.
    Found & removed Autorun from Video DVD!
    Bad sector protection not found.
    Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

did the movie with CloneDVD 2 and anydvd no problems what so ever did one of each (movie only) and ( complete disc)

11. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

looks like doing the complete dics the compression is about 48% which is higher than i like but the picture quality came out great ,may try making a backup with Intervideo DVDCopy 3 and see if theres any difference even though i really dislike the program .but anyway heres what the movie looks like guys

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2005
  12. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

Star War III: Revenge Of The Sith has no special protections on it. I ripped it using DVD Decrypter via Mode, File F into my hard drive. Then I have Nero Recode 2 (using Nero 7) to do a advanced analysis twice and finally backed up with Nero Burning Rom (Nero 7) flawlessly. It came out perfectly, yeah.... pretty sweet -- easy as smoking..!!

13. DigitalSk

DigitalSk Regular member

Good Day,

I backed it up with DVD-RB Pro + CCE Basic. Came out Super Nice considering the 46% Compression for the Entire Disc.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2005
  14. nino23

nino23 Member

Whisperer, I see what you are talking about. Thanks for the info.

15. hallway

hallway Member

Just curious, but is 46-48% compression acceptable to you guys ?? I really find it hard to believe that in high action scenes that you don't get pixelation... What do you watch the burned DVDs on, by the way ??

16. DigitalSk

DigitalSk Regular member

Good Day,
    I usualy use CLONEDVD + ANYDVD when the compression is above 80%
    Anything below I use DVD-RB Pro + CCE Basic.
    46% is pretty low BUT when you use DVD-RB Pro + CCE you barely see the difference with the Original. I backed up the whole DVD & to tell you the truth I did not see any Pixelisation & was pretty amazed by the result myself. I watched the movie on a 32" T.V (JVC).

17. DVDRipGuy

DVDRipGuy Regular member

hey all i burned star wars 3 with anydvd and clonedvd i got all 3 angles or versions whatever it is lol to fit a on 4.7 G.B DVD-R disc

18. Timerover

Timerover Member

I am a newby. Have learned a lot from you seasoned experts. Thank all of your for sharing! This is my first posting.

I had no problem with Star Wars 3, Disc 1, but has anyone copied Disc 2 yet! Disc 2 stops recording with the message, "Encypted Data, or file". First time encountering encyption problem on a bonus special features disc.

19. DVDRipGuy

DVDRipGuy Regular member

no i have not tried the 2nd disc of star wars 3 sorry

20. hallway

hallway Member

I just got back from the store with SW EPIII and it's up in Shrink right now. I've re-authored, picked Title1 only, and eliminated the two subtitles and all the audio except for DD5.1. It's at 70.6%... I'll probably split it into two DVDs. :) I only do this for movies I really like though or that are well over two hours in length (the LOTRs, Troy, SW EP1 and 2, etc). I've done a number recently that were in the 65% range and saw no problems.

Yes, I am going to split this into (2) DVDs... The bonus stuff will be on a 3rd DVD. Hey, blank media is cheap, less than the cost of a soda.