1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star Wars BattleFront -- backup to DVD problems

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by HawgFan, Jan 26, 2005.

1. HawgFan

HawgFan Member

Are there any known issues with backing up Star Wars BattleFront to DVD?

I used the same method I've always used (FlashFXP, then Craxtion to make the ISO, then burn with CloneDVD) for about 50 games. I'm using used two diffent brands of DVD media (neither of which I've used in the past...this might be the problem). When I put the DVD in the XBOX, it locks up before I can start playing it (I get the first couple of intro screens, then lock up)

If everyone else out there has had succes burning a Craxtion ISO of BattleFront, then I'll assume I'm using DVD media my XBOX doesn't like and go get a different brand...just wondering?

2. BR7

BR7 Regular member

More than likely it is the media, and I'd also suggest to throw your CloneDVD into the trash. Use Nero or DVD Decrypter to burn the ISO (at 1x)

3. HawgFan

HawgFan Member

Yep...it was the media. For some reason my XBOX (v 1.3) loves those cheap K-Hypermedia DVDs from Office Max. I try to switch to better brands, but I keep going back to the K-Hypes because they work so well.

Also, I've never had an issue with CloneDVD. It is VERY simple to use and does a great job burning ISOs (and copying DVD movies provided you have AnyDVD running in the background). I have Nero (never tried DVD Decrypter), but find myself going back to CloneDVD. Oh well...find what works for you and keep on using it...

Thanks
    DJ